Epilogue

Note: The Ost's on top of each ending doesn't necessarily stand as background song for the particular chapter, but to relive the past with them

Note: The Ost's on top of each ending doesn't necessarily stand as background song for the particular chapter, but to relive the past with them. I found that the lyrics meant the same like Melody's that part of life with them.

Melody's Pov

For months, we waited, but the police never took action. The misdeeds of the government were brushed aside, and the cases of Jake's and Ari's deaths were closed.

I guess the police were convinced to drop the case. The government play such a big role in that experiment, and yet...

They went around the law like it was nothing.

It's frustrating but every time I remember Jake and Ari knowing that they're at peace, makes me feel a little bit better.

Being able to come back to reality is a miracle.

"Gosh, I hope, I'm not too late!"

Several months have passed since we were freed from the nightmare. Since then, the four of us have been getting together often.

It seems that Heeseung has been secretly recieving government support.

Suprisingly, Sunghoon was the one who suggested that we get together today. It's rare for him to organise stuff like this. So I kind of got little carried away and ended up spending too much getting ready for today.

I glance at my watch. It's seven'o clock in the morning.

What could this possibly be about? Why did he want to meet us this early in the morning? I'm surprised Jay agreed to this...

Right on time, I rush over to the plaza. There aren't many people here in the morning.

I spot Sunghoon by the bench. The sight of him makes me smile, and I walk over to him as fast I can. "Sunghoon!", I wave, and he slowly turns to me.

He returns the wave shyly, but my heart skips a beat when I see his eyes. One is blue, and the other is red. He's not wearing his colored lenses!

I continue to walk briskly, the butterflies in my stomach urging me forward.

"Hey, Melody", Sunghoon gives me his best attempt at a grin. Hsi red eye looks slightly different in the daylight than it did under the night sky. It's stunning. I absentmindedly fix my gaze on him.

"Um... It's kind of embarrassing when you stare at me like that", He tries to cover his eyes with his bangs. I grab his wrist, stopping him from messing up his hair. "It's such a waste to cover it up."

Sunghoon freezes for a moment, then slowly lowers his hand from his hair. He looks up at me, and there's no mistaking it. His eyes are glistening in two different colors, but he's the same as he as always been.

My chest feels like it's being squeezed, and I can feel the pinpricks of tears behind my eyes.I was so proud of him. I am glad he is not afraid of being himself anymore. "Finally". The corner of my eyes start to water, and I swipe the tears away.

"Now you're crying. You sure do cry a lot."

"These are happy tears", I chuckle, taking the seat beside him. "It's nice to see you like this."

"It's because you accepted me for who I am. It's all thanks to you."

I had so many words to say to him about he was the one who worked hard to come up till here. But it would be cliché to say that, so i just smile at him. "Where are the others?."

"Huh?"

"You know Jay and Heeseung"

"Oh, um, I kinda wanted to talk to you alone today."

Just me? I hold my breath as Sunghoon draws closer. I feel a sensation creeping in my chest, realising that this could mean something else.

I can hear my heartbeat in my ears.

He reaches forward and softly touches my cheek. "This is from that night". His fingers brush the scar on my cheek. "It really left a mark, didn't it? I am sorry, Melody."

I admit, I was a little sad when Jay told me that this scar would probably never go away. But this is my battle scar from protecting Sunghoon, so I'm proud to have it. That's how I've decided to think of it. "Don't worry about it. This is a reminder of how strong I was, you know."

He looks away apologetically.

"But I guess I'll have a hard time finding a husband. Haha Just kidding, I don't really-"

"I guess I will just have to take you, then"

"W-What?". My heart leaps. I didn't expect him to say that. Is he proposing to me right now?

He loving wraps both of hands around one of mine. "I mean it. I am in love with you, Mel. I'll do whatever it takes. I will finish school, go to college, find a good job. Then I'll make you mine. Will you wait for me?".

When I first met him, he didn't seem to have will to live. Hearing him express his strong determination to persevere through life warms the very depths of my heart. I can't express how happy I feel right now.

Instead of saying anything back, I swiftly nod several times and then embrace him.

"Whoa!". Sunghoon's body becomes rigid for a moment, as if suprised by my behaviour. But he quickly relaxes, and takes me in his arms.

"Of course I'll wait! No matter how long it takes. But you don't have to overwork yourself for me! I'm happy with you just being you", I release him and gaze into his eyes. "I like you just the way you are."

Before either of us realise it, we're kissing. But what starts out as an innocent kiss turns more passionate as he pulls me even closer. I find myself holding onto him, wanting more.

It makes me feel light-headed and the sweetness stays even when Sunghoon lets me go. He is blushing but he's not looking away.

I've been through so much, but I couldn't be happier right now. I am so grateful to have Sunghoon in my life right now.

"Shall we go?"

"Yes"

He tugs on my hand and I smile, knowing the best is yet to come, unless...

There is another nocturne of nightmares yet to come.

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

Author

It finally ends.

Is it just me or you guys also feel sad for Jay and Heeseung? I feel sad for Heeseung a lot. I mean he loved her from the very first... But he didn't get her. Ouch strong second lead syndrome.

Anyways, I am gonna miss this book.

Bye Bye NON!
You will be missed with Jake and Ari TT.