Chapter 18

The drowsiness still overpowers Melody, she closes her eyes again

The drowsiness still overpowers Melody, she closes her eyes again. But her sleepiness fades away when she realises Sunghoon isn't next to her anymore.

She looks around and quickly realised that she is in the nightmare world.

Where is everyone?

She is completed woken up as the thought crosses her mind. "Heeseung!", She bolts up from the couch. "Where are you?".

The recollection of yesterday forces her up, and the sudden rush of blood has her heart beating fast.

She wrenches her head in all directions, and worry hits her when she realises Heeseung is nowhere in sight. Where could he have gone?

Out of nowhere, she hears a crashing sound from a distance. Her mind freezes. Was that from the kitchen?

"H-Heeseung? Is that you?", She tip-toes in that direction, pressing her hand to her chest. "Heeseung, you better not be trying to scare me!".

A crash sound was heard.

The sound of breaking continued, much louder now as she makes her way to the kitchen.

Melody grabs a nearby broom to arm herself. She fearfully approaches the kitchen, step by step.

But another loud noise makes her jump. She pins herself against the wall for cover. Taking a deep breath, she clutches the broom tighter. "Heeseung?".

Instead of a response, she hears what sounds like a menacing growl.

What was that? Should I go back? No— what if Heeseung needs help?

"There's only one way to find out". She takes a step into the kitchen. Suddenly, something moved behind her.

"Hey—", There's a tap on her shoulder and she feels the hair on the back of her neck stand up. "AHHHHHHHH!", She screams, and wildly swings the broom in all directions.

"Ouch!"

"Get away from me whatever you are!"

"Melody, calm down". All at once, she feels the broom being held by an unyielding force. She tries to pull back, but the thing holding onto it is too strong.

She slowly opens her eyes and sees Heeseung. "Heeseung....". Relieved she falls to the floor.

"You okay?", Heeseung extends his hands towards her. She takes his hand and slowly stands up. "Please don't scare me like that again."

"I am sorry, i didn't—"

CRASH!

On instinct, she clings to Heeseung. He goes stiff for a moment as she can feel his heart pounding in his chest.

"Something is in the kitchen."

"Yeah, i actually heard it from the upstairs", He nods. "That's why i came down."