Chapter 31

Heeseung is alive, and is in coma

Heeseung is alive, and is in coma. Melody was so relieved to find, that her feet almost felt like they would give out any second. But then a sudden trepidation comes over her, knowing that he might be not in best condition. They had to find him before it's too late.

"Why are you two huddling in there? I told you to call me if you found something", Jay walks in, hands on his hips.

"We found a file of everything we're looking for", Sunghoon replies. Melody nods," Everything we need to know about the orphanage is here." She hands over the file to Jay.

Sunghoon and Melody look at each other, waiting as Jay skins through the files.

"This is!", His eyes run rapidly through each page until he stops and leans back. "So all our assumptions have finally been given proof."

"Yes, we were right about most of the things", Sunghoon sighs.

Jay grits his teeth," This is the cause of everything that happened to us. How could they even approve such a research proposal?."

"Jay..."

"There's something we call ethics. This isn't even debatable. They clearly treated us like animals."

Sunghoon doesn't say anything, but he looks upset.

"Nobody's happy about this, old man", Jay hisses out a frustrated groan. "It's no use complaining, he's dead", Sunghoon interrupts.

"Yeah, and we're out here, dying".

Melody bites her lip. She knew it's wrong, and she couldn't speak for everyone. But, the only thing Lee Hyun-woo did wrong was thinking he knew best. "Let's look on the bright side. Atleast we're far from where we started."

"You're quite a optimist", Jay comments.

"Is that a bad thing?"

Jay finally chuckles. Sunghoon replies," Nah, it's part of your charm. Even in desperate situation like this, it's refreshing to hear something like that."

"How is that charming? Aren't you supposed to look for the silver lining in everything?".

Jay sets a hand on her head, tousling her hair. "A lot of people can say that, but they're not as convincing."

She couldn't help but smile. It was good to know. "Jay, Heeseung is alive somewhere. We need to find him."

Jay looks at her, then flips through the pages again. "Yeah, finding Heeseung is our top priority now. The experiment is no longer a mystery. Now, about Heeseung... Do you have any clues as to where he could be?."

"Hmm, i would say a hospital. But considering the circumstances, that doesn't seem likely", Sunghoon says.

"Yeah, no normal hospital is going to take in someone who's in coma from some crazy experiment", Jay replies. "Which means he's probably somewhere in this orphanage."