Chapter 6

Everyone holds their breath

Everyone holds their breath. "That's...", Jay's eyes widen in shock.

Outside the door, a little boy was standing quietly. When Melody thinks about the events from last night, those were someone's childhood memories from this place. Who is this boy? It felt like she has seen him somewhere before. For some reason, sorrow grips tightly at her heart.

The boy was not doing anything. He stares at them for few seconds and then turns to walk away.

"Wait!". Without thinking Melody calls out to him. She immediately covers her mouth with her hands. "Why did I do that...", She whispers to herself.

The boy looks over his shoulder casually, then he walks straight ahead.

"He wants us to follow him, it seems", Sunghoon murmurs as Jay stands up, stepping ahead.

Jake immediately disagrees," Follow him? You can't be serious. What if he's a monster?".

"Only one way to find out", Sunghoon follows Jay's lead and heads to the door. "Melody, tell me you're staying please?", Jake looks over melody who glances at him back and sighs. She didn't know why but she didn't feel scared or threatened by the boy. Wanting to know the reason for this sorrow she feels, she pulls herself together and stands up as well.

In the end, all of them follow the young boy.

They follow him down the stairs, until they reach the basement. "Okay, what now?", Jake grumbles.

The young boy walks through the door without opening it. They all look at each other, jaws open in horrific awe.

"What was that?!", Jake hisses, dramatically. "That was a ghost! A ghost!".

"We have no choice. Maybe we can find some answers behind the door", Jay clutches the door knob.

They're taken from the dusty records room filled with books through to the stark room in the back.

Few seconds, and they gasp at what they see before them. On the bed, there lies a gorgeous young man.

"Is he...alive?", Jake asks.

Melody bites her lip, scared but her feet seems to be sure of every step she takes towards the man.

Was he dead? Despite her dread, it's as if her feet are moving of their own accord. She gets closer enough to see his face. He looked like an angel. She couldn't help but feel that she has met him before. But where?

She lifts her hand to touch him, but...

His eyelids flutter open!

"Oh!?"

The young man groans finally opening his eyes. "Melody...", Smiling sweetly at her, he says her name with gravity and care.

Melody's eyes widened. He knows her name?!. "Have we met before?". Still in shock, she feels a cold touch on her face. She suddenly overcomes with a longing nostalgia that puts her on the verge of tears. She can't seem to take her eyes off him.