Chapter 42 - We are family

It's nice to see that all the publicity around me has died down but I still have to wear a cap and face-mask to protect myself. I guess this is going to be my new reality no matter how hard I try to resist it.

The countdown have started, only a few days until Emma leaves and then I have to learn how to live without her constant nagging and keeping me in check. For eight years she has been my only constant. Always there by my side, through thick and thin.

Our situation has now turned around, she came here to help me leave and support my roller-coaster ride of emotions. Now I'm the one staying and she is leaving. 

It's heartbreaking to know she has feelings for Seokjin but no other option. The reality of my friends departure is hitting me hard as I realize the pain they both will be in soon, I finally understand why she was so reluctant about me and Hoseok at first.

I knock softly and lean my ear against the door, trying to hear if I have interrupted something...

 - JIN - AISH! what the hell do I do!? EMMA!?

 - EM -  I don't know,  put some clothes on!?

 - JIN - YAH! where are they!? Do you know who knocked on the door!?

 - EM - It's probably just Y/N, relax!

Yes it is me... sorry honey...

I put my key-card on the lockpad and enter the room that was supposed to be used by me.

 - Me - Ems? are you guys decent?

I try to sound as innocent and oblivious as I possibly can while I fully know the panic my arrival have caused.

 - EM - Yeah, Yeah! Hold an a sec!

I stand in the small entryway and try my hardest not to peek, they don't seem to be aware about the floor length mirror that gives me a hilarious view of the couple.

Jin is hopping on one leg, with his left arm stuck in the opening for the head of his shirt. Emma is laying down on the bed in her underwear, trying not to laugh but failing that attempt miserably.

Finally he seems to get the shirt on, still inside out but at least he's now fully covered up.

 - Me - Hey, what are you guys up to?

I peek my head around the corner, smile and give her a wink.

 - EM - I was wondering when you were going to show up, come on in.

 - JIN - Uhm... I - I... I guess I'll talk to you later Ems?

 - EM - Yes, I'll call you later.

Emma stands up on her knees ant reaches up for his face. Giving him a deep kiss, not bothered one bit about how uncomfortable he is in the situation.

 - EM - Thanks Jin.

He stands there, unsure what to do with the half naked woman on the bed and her friend. Poor Jin... I wonder if he will ever get used to her personality? She just waves at him to leave and I can't help but to feel bad for the poor man.

 - Me - I'm sorry Jin, can I borrow her for a bit?

He softens up a bit while he nods his head. Jin starts to walk towards his shoes but stops abruptly to turn around with a worried frown.

 - JIN - H-how are they.. Hobi and Jimin I mean.

 - Me - They are okay I guess. I left them with Kookie and Tae before I left.

 - JIN - How are you and Hobi? all good?

 - Me - Honestly, we are good. Hoseok has calmed down and we resolved as much as we could. As for Jimin, I think just misses everyone...