Chapter 36 - Park Jimin

Jimin's POV:

When JK told us what had happened at the airport and how hyung met someone I was so happy for him. I have shared a room with him long enough to know how lonely and overworked he has been these last few years, I felt nothing but genuine joy for my brother.

Seeing Y/N for the first time shook me down to my core, she was beautiful. Not in an obvious way but to me she was glowing with her long auburn hair, framing those glimmering green eyes.

Right then and there, when she walked in to the apartment, holding Hobi's hand I vowed to myself not to get interested in her. I absolutely could not, she belongs to my best friend, I cannot look at her with wanting eyes. Not then, not ever.

I watched her running out of the apartment that night crying and him chasing after her, while all the others ran to listen in to their conversation I just kept quiet in the background. I could not understand why it bothered me so much but as he kissed her forehead and the doors closed I could feel my heart sinking and a dark deep pit forming in my stomach. 

He did not come home that night...

The next day all the boys decided it was a good idea to hide in the dressing-room so that Yoongi might get him to fess up. I went along, nodding my head and smiled all the way through. I just met her, why the hell did I even care. I just brushed it off and decided that I was silly. 

Hoseok was shining like a freaking nuclear bomb as we entered and I could feel how happy he was and I smiled knowing that he must have made up with her during the night. All of us had felt bad about Y/N leaving in tears and wanted to make it up to her. She seemed to be a nice girl after all so while coming up with a plan for her to spend time with him at Hybe we also decided to throw her a little apology dinner to make amends.

Once again she looked amazing, but what broke my heart was her telling us that she used to dance ballet, that she had an accident and never danced since. I knew she was a dancer by just one look at her posture, but not that she had stopped. I remembered how hard it was to transition from contemporary to hip-hop and I could feel the pain she was in. Later when we left to give her and Hoseok their space I once again felt a tugging in my heart so I texted him that if she ever needed to talk to someone about the ballet stuff I was there. Just to offer my support, nothing more.

Watching her face when she danced with us in the studio made my heart so full that I thought it was going to burst. She moved so easily and with so much passion it took my breath away. I tried to laugh and make jokes when she passionately kissed Hope after practice. 

I cannot, and will not have feelings for her...

Emma showing up was a nice distraction, not everything was about Y/N in my head anymore. Her friends tantrums and behaviour made it much easier to be around them. Watching how my oldest brother tried to avoid her at all costs and making a fool of himself really made the whole group laugh and relax.

Then the incident with the photograph happened... Something in me triggered and the sudden urge to protect her at all costs woke up inside me. I have never leaped so fast in my life as when I chased after that man with JK. But my pride of snatching the plate numbers where short lived because I was needed as help by the security team.

Me, Hoseok, Namjoon, Yoongi and Seokjin all went to meet with the board that day, the day when my brother told the company that he will quit if he's not allowed to be with her. 

That was when I knew... He loves her...

I don't know how Jungkook managed to get me out of his couch the day after the incident... The statement was out and Y/N was officially the girlfriend of J-Hope. They needed to know, we had to tell them so we all went up to give them the news... 

Oh how I wished we didn't.

I was so startled by the look of Hoseok that all emotions got drained from my face. We had clearly interrupted them having sex and all I wanted to do was to make it stop, so I walked in...

He was so flustered and annoyed by our presence and I hated every second of it. He told me that he loved me dearly but I needed to get out and pointed towards the kitchen island. That's when I saw her. The others watched from another angle and I don't think my brother realized my perspective either because if he new, he would not have pointed. 

The first thing I saw was her body from the side, her gorgeous hips and luminous tone of her skin. A few locks of hairs gracing her collarbone as she popped her head up and told us to leave.

It all happened so fast that the only reaction in mind was to get the fuck out of there as quickly possible. My brother was pissed but the only thing on my mind was her. Y/N's curves was imprinted on the back of my eyelids and no matter how many times I blinked she would not go away.

At that time I didn't understand how the hell I was going to face her again, somehow I managed to walk back in the apartment but when she leaned in towards me and whispered all the hairs on my body rose up. I knew she did it to tease and put me in my place but my entire body started to shake... I just kept thinking it was all an infatuation, a crush. 

Nothing more, she is nothing but my friend. My friends girlfriend. My friend.

I keep thinking about all the things I have felt since meeting Y/N. I loose track of time and space, I even forget where I am and the people I am with.

 - JK - Jiminah? 

 - JIN - YAH!

 - EM - What is wrong with him?

 - V - I don't know..

 - EM - PARK JIMIN!?

The loud and piercing sound of Emma's voice takes me back to the present.

 - JIN - What's going on Jimin?

 - Me - Sorry, I'm just tired.

I will never tell a soul, no one can know.

 - Me - Did you hear from Y/N? Did they arrive in Gwangju?

 - EM - The last time I got a text they were close and she was freaking out but I know she'll be fine. That girl could handle all of you right?

 - JK - Yup, she's like our super noona!

 - Me - Yeah, our noona...

 - V - Seriously Jimin, what's going on with you!?

 - Me - Nothing!

 - JIN - Are you kidding me?

 - Me - No, I promise, it's nothing. I think I'm heading home for the night...

 - JK - You can just crash here if you want to.

 - Me - No, I need to get home.

 - V - Are you sure?

 - Me - Yes, why are you guys doing this? 

I love them, I really do but sometimes they just don't seem to know when to leave things alone and it drives me insane.

 - Me - Listen, It's been a rollercoaster these last few weeks and I'm exhausted. Don't worry, I'm completely alright. Just drained.

 - JIN - Okay, I'll believe you. But please call if you need anything.

 - Me - Yes hyung, I promise.

I slowly walk towards the door, put on my shoes, jacket and leave.

I need to get over this as soon as possible, but how? Why did he have to meet her first, his beautiful dancer...