Chapter 23 - Damage control

Jungkook's apartment is a lot smaller than Hobi's and I understand why the gang always chooses to hang out there. None the less, the floor plan is stunning with the same kind of open and large windows facing the outer walls.

 - JK - Sooooooo, what do yah think!?

He looks at us while doing small jumps with his hands pinned downwards. 

Aw, he is so excited!

 - EM - It's gorgeous JK! Good job!

 - Me - Not many 25 year-olds live like this, you should be proud!

 - JK - YAH! I'm 26!

 - Me - Sorry sweetie, you are 25 to the rest of the world...

 - V - Baby Kook!

 - JK - You're not much older!

 - V - 2 years is good enough for me.

Taehyung flashes his boxy mile in an act of insolence towards his younger friend who answers with a light punch to his shoulder.

 - V - Did you guys see that!? The abuse!?

 - JK - Oh, dramaqueen!

We just fold over and laugh out loud as the boys continue their childish bickering.

Emma grabs her phone and looks intensely at the screen. After a while she puts it back down in her purse and exhales as she sits down on the large L-shaped couch. 

Nothing leaked yet I guess.

The exhaustion from the days events starts to settle in my bones and I sink down next to her.

 - Me - How long do you think it will be?

I look questioning at the boys taking their seat next to me.

 - JK - We don't know. How are you feeling? you must feel drained, I think I slept for 16 hours after my last panic attack.

 - Me - I'm okay, just tired.

 - EM - How long have you been having them? how come you never told me?

She looks at me with empathy and disappointment of not being able to help her friend.

 - Me - Uhm... I don't get them as often anymore, just when the kettle boils over, so to speak. But I think the first time was when I woke up at the hospital after the accident.

 - EM - Honey...

 - Me - I feet so ashamed and never wanted to burden you with this, I already feel bad enough that always depend on you.

 - EM - You could never be a burden to me! Do you hear me? NEVER!

Emma lunches forward and embraces me in a tight hug. I can feel that she is starting to sob but her blond hair keeps tickling my ear and nose. I cant help but giggle.

 - EM - DUDE! It's not funny!

 - JK - Yeah, It is! Your hair is in Y/N nose!

She grabs me by the shoulders and stares me down, looking firm and loving at the same time. 

 - EM - Promise me that you will never keep anything like this from me again!

I bend my head down, to scared that I will start crying if I face her.

 - EM - GIRL, PROMISE ME! I'm not kidding around, this relationship is a two way street. You need to give me something to work with!

The poor guys next to us are looking like they would like to disappear, being extremely uncomfortable witnessing this intimate moment between two best friends.