Chapter 49

Zac's POV

We where at the Café.

"Hi, Byron." Emma said.

"I was thinking about talking to ya, but maybe not right now." Byron said.

"It's ok we won't listen." Cleo said.

"Next week is the school swimming sports and I really want to beat Zane in the 100 meters." Byron said. "But he always beats me."

"It's ok to come second." Emma said.

"Or 3rd or 4th, yeah but, I can't explain it, I've developed this need to win." Byron said.

"I know the feeling." Emma said. "Or at least used to."

"You were the swimming star until you quit, which by the way is quite a mystery to me, you're like this quality Skateboard that's just sitting in the cupboard." Byron said.

"I've always thought of her the same way." Rikki said. "Sorry, not listening."

"I need you to teach me how to beat Zane." Byron said. "Gimme that killer instinct, but temporarily, I don't want to be hooked on winning on a permanent basis, so will you help me?"

"Sorry Byron. I'm not into that whole competitive thing anymore, it was a former Life, I can't." Emma said.

"It's cool." Byron said as he headed off. "I understand."

"You did the right thing." Rikki said.

"We can't risk swimming pools." Cleo said as Emma left.

"I've been looking everywhere for you guys, I need a hair sample." Lewis said.

"Nope." I said as I headed off as Mimmi followed me then not to long later Rikki and Cleo.

"How dare Lewis expect pieces of us." Rikki said. "Him and his little experiments are really starting to bug me."

"He's just trying to help." Cleo said.

"Yeah well he can forget using Mimmi and I." Mimmi said.

"Zac's right, me and him were born this way, it's who we are." I said.

"More like he likes annoying us." Rikki said.

"You're angry." Cleo said stating the obvious.

"He'd be angry too if he was a guinea pig." Rikki said.

"I don't know, I've known Lewis since I was 5 and I've never seen him get angry." Cleo said.

"Yeah." Rikki said. "Well we'll see about that."

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It was the next day as Mimmi and I headed for the Moon Pool as we surfaced.

"That feels so much better." Mimmi said.

"Yeah, any luck?" I said.

"Nothing, there is no sign of anyway we can get back home." Mimmi said.

"Why are we here then, I mean everything what happened has to happen for a reason, right?" I said.

"Yeah." Mimmi said.

"So what is the reason for us being here?" I said.

"No idea." Mimmi said.

"I'm starting to really miss them." I said.

"Just now or everyone else than just Alex?" Mimmi said.

"Second one." I said.

"Knew it." Mimmi said.

"Just like you miss Serena and Ondina." I said.

"Ok fine you got me on that too." Mimmi said.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We were at school when we met up with Rikki, Cleo, and Emma.

"Am I too tough or too demanding?" Emma said. "Am I a heavy training Dragon?"

"No way." Cleo said. "Not possible, although at times you can be a little bossy."

"And sometimes you don't really listen to people." Rikki said as Emma walked off.

"She takes criticism well." I said.

"Boy have I made a starting discovery." Lewis said.

"You're an android?" Rikki said.

"He wishes he was." I said.

"No." Lewis said. "Far better than that, according to the hair sample you gave me you are a 7 year old German Shepherd."

"I was wondering how long it'd take you to figure out that wasn't my hair." Rikki said.

"About 14 hours actually." Lewis said. "Rikki what are you up to, are you scared to find out the truth of about being a Mermaid." He whispered.

"Lewis how many times have I said it's magic, not Science." I said as he walked off.

"There has got to be a way to make him crack." Rikki said.

"Rikki that was mean, considering all that time Lewis wasted." Cleo said.

"Cleo, how many times do I have to really say it. It's magic, nothing more, nothing less, it works in mysteries way, we just have to figure out why and what for." I said.

"I'm Sorry." Emma said.

"It's ok." Rikki said.

"I may seem tough but, I'm easily hurt." Emma said. "I'm gonna make sure I'm nice from now on, how do I do that?"

"You're asking the wrong person here." Rikki said.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Eventually Mimmi and I found out that Byron beat Zane after using a decoy tactic on Zane, which even fooled Emma as well as Zane.