Chapter 2

Alex's pov.

"Hey Zac!" I call out to him when I see him on the beach with Cam.

"Hey Alex, what's up?" He asks.

"I was hoping I could talk to you." I say glancing at Cam.

"Sure, what did you want to talk about?" Zac asks me.

"I was hoping to talk to you alone..." I say looking at Cam.

"Cam?" Zac says looking at him. Cam walks to his lifeguard tower.

"What did you want to talk about?" Zac asks.

"Did you go camping on Mako last night?" I ask him.

"Yeah, with Cam, Why?" He asks as we walked down the beach, keeping as far away from the water as possible.

"Did you happen to fall in some water while you were there?" She asks.

"Like a pool?" He ask taking a step away from the tide as it rolls in.

"Why are you so suddenly staying away from water?" I ask knowing the exact answer.

"I just don't like water very much anymore, that's all." He answers.

"That's not true, you love water!" I say stopping in my tracks.

"I just don't like water very much anymore, that's all." He says.

"Well you wouldn't mind if I did this, would you?" With that, I splash him and dive into the ocean before my tail forms. He dives in too, and swims off.

I follow him all the way to the river by his house.

"Why would you do that?" He says when he surfaces.

"To end my suspensions, my gut feeling was correct." I say slapping water with my tail.

"You're a mermaid?" He asks.

"I would have thought you would have noticed once you were in the water!" I say.

"Well I didn't!" He says.

"Obviously." I muttered.

"How long?" He asks.

"How long what?" I ask confused.

"How long have you been a mermaid?" He asks.

"Since I was born." I say like it's obvious.

"That's why you didn't like water all this time!" He says putting the pieces together.

"Umm, yeah." I say splashing him.

"How did you know I was a merman?" He asks.

"I met 3 mermaids who were in the moon pool when you fell in." I say floating on my back.

"There were others there?" He asks.

"Yeah, they're from a pod off the coast of Mako, their pod left yesterday." I explain.

"Why?" He asks confused. He pulls himself onto the dock. When he has legs again, I pull myself up.

"Because you're a merman." I say drying myself off with the towel he gave me.

"Their pod left because of me?" He asks sadly.

"Not necessarily you, because your a merman. Mermaids fear Mermans more then anything else in the world!" I say standing up.

"Really?" He asks. We walk to his room. Well his 'house.' His room is separate from the rest of the house.

"Yeah, when they told me, I almost passed out, but when I figured it was you they were talking about, and I was fine after that." I say sitting down on the couch.

"Well, I'm glad I got you through this." He says.

"Same, finally got someone my own age now." I say happy that he knows about me now.

"Yeah same, hang on you said you were born like this so is your Mum one too?" He asks.

"Yeah, promise you won't tell anyone please." I say.

"Promise, plus it's my secret now too, Alex. Not tell anyone." He says.

"Thanks Zac." I say really happy that I ended up hugging him. When I realized what I was doing he ended up hugging me back.

"Want to play some games for a bit?" He asks.

"Yeah. Let's go, time to beat your butt at this." I say holding up Call Of Duty Black Ops 3 and played some Zombies. But we could only play for an hour or 2 then my Mum called and I had to go home. "I have to go Zac, see you tomorrow go for a swim?" I say.

"Yeah sure, you going to tell your Mum about me?" Zac asks.

"Yeah sure tell I told you anyway, but I'm glad we could Swim together now and don't have to keep secrets from each other." I say.

"Yeah same, so your place tomorrow?" Zac asks.

"Yeah see ya Zac." I say leaving for home.

"See ya Alex." Zac says before I jump into the river and swim home.

So as I get out of the water and dried out I went and told my Mum everything about Zac and me and about the 3 mermaids. And Mum said that we be ok and help Zac out before saying it time for bed happy as ever since Zac knows about me and he has a tail too.