Chapter 3

Alex's pov

I walk into the Café and see Lyla, Nixie, and Serena sitting at the same table looking at Zac.

I sit down at their table.

"What are you doing here?!" I whisper/yell at them.

"We are here for Zac." Serena says happily.

"We are here to fix him." Lyla said.

"He doesn't need fixing! He's fine just the way he is." I say to them.

"He knows about you, doesn't he?" Nixie asks.

"Yeah, I told him yesterday." I say leaning back in my chair.

"You like him, don't you?" Lyla ask.

"I've liked him for a while Lyla." I say looking down. Evie (Zac's girlfriend and the nosiest girl in the history of the universe) walks in. She kisses Zac on the cheek.

"You like him, but he's with her..." Serena says.

"Yeah." I say under my breath. "There's nothing I can do to change it though, I like him, and he's with Evie, nothing I can do."

"I'm sorry." Nixie says.

"It's fine." I say looking up and putting on my usual happy face.

Zac comes over and sits by me, and says "I hope it's okay, but I told Cam about me and you."

"What?! You told Cam?!" I whisper/yell at him.

"Yeah, only because I had to! He wouldn't leave me alone this morning!" He says leaning back in his chair.

"Hey Alex, you want anything?" My friend Carly asks.

"Just a lemonade, thanks Carly." I say.

"No problem." She says before heading to the next table and heading behind the counter. "My place, go for a swim later on." He asks.

"Yeah I come by when I'm ready." I say.

"Okay." Zac says before heading out, probably to go for a swim.

"Here you go." She says, while setting the can of lemonade and a glass on the table.

"Thanks." I say cracking open the can. It splashes all over me. I jump up and run to the cool room.

My tail forms right after I close the door. I fall down.

"I'll get some!" Carly says when she opens the door.

"Carly, David needs you." Cam says distracting her.

"David?" She asks.

"Hurry!" Cam says to her. She leaves and Cam closes the door. I huff and my bangs fly out of my face.

"So you really have a tail." Cam says when he looks at me.

"What did you expect? A propeller?" I ask with sarcasm dripping from my voice.

He glances out of the door, and says. "I'll cover for you." I roll my eyes and start pulling myself to the back room. I use my powers to dry myself and left for home.

"Alexandra, are you okay? You don't look so good." My Mum said.

"I'm fine. Other then the fact I got splashed at the Cafe today, I'm going to Zac's." I say and head down to the grotto. I lay my phone down on the coffee table and jump in the moon pool.

I swam to Zac's.

When I get there, Zac is walking out of his room and towards the pool.

"Zac!" I yell out to him.

He looks over and says. "Hey Alex, what happened today? You ran out?"

"Got splashed." I say. "Come on, the water's great."

He jumps in, and when he surfaces, he asks. "Are you okay? When did you get splashed?"

"I'm fine, and it was about an hour ago at the Cafe, right after you left." I say swimming backwards.

"How? Did someone spill something on you?" He asks swimming up next to me.

"No, Cam shook my lemonade." I say ducking under and swimming a few feet away. Zac does the same, and follows me.

"I'll need to talk to him about it." Zac says when we surface.

"Zac, really it's fine,no one saw, we're good." I say putting a hand on his shoulder.

"But he could expose me, you, your Mum with antics like that!" Zac says.

"I know, but if we're careful and try to avoid him, we won't get exposed." I say.

"Let's go before someone sees us, hey I'm glad your okay." Zac says.

"Me too, come on." I say before Zac ducking under and speeding off and I dive under and follow him.