Chapter 38

Zac's POV

It was one day from the Full Moon. Alex was back at her place. Mimmi must of been out with Ondina and Serena. I was working on other things, getting school work out of the way. Then I was working on plans for this new game I got trying to get a good way of getting through it without dying so much as I do on some of the other games.

It was going so well until there was a knock on my door and Erik came in.

"What?" I said.

"So I'm thinking it doesn't matter if the Trident's broken, it's the stone that's important." Erik said. "Remember how it glowed in the hologram in the Chamber."

"So?" I said.

"So maybe the stone is all you need to activate it." Erik said. "The next Full Moon is tomorrow night come on, Zac. We need to find the stone, we can do this."

"The Mermaids took what was left of the Trident. My bet they've destroyed it and the stone." I said.

"But you don't know for sure." Erik said. "If there is even the slightest chance we can get the Chamber up and running, we should take it, we've got to do it. We owe it to all Mermans."

"No, as far as I'm concerned the Trident is gone, you should move on." I said.

"No." Erik said. "If that stone's out there, I'm going to find it." He said as he left.

I went out and I headed for the Café when I headed for the Café where I saw Alex, Mimmi, Ondina, and Serena. And went and sat down next to them.

"Serena when that Trident got Zapped what did you do with the pieces?" I said. "There was a stone in it, remember? Just like the one in the Moon Rings, but much bigger?"

"How could I forget?" Serena said.

"What happened to it?" I said.

"What was left of it, I hid." Serena said.

"The Trident wasn't destroyed?" Ondina said.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Mimmi said.

"The Trident was broken the stone wasn't activated." Alex said.

"There is nothing to worry about." Serena said.

"Are you sure? I need to know it's safe." I said.

"Trust me it is." Serena said.

"The pod won't come back to Mako if there's any possibility the Chamber can be activated." Ondina said.

"When was the last time you checked it." I said.

"Not for some time." Serena said. "Let's go."

Then we headed up back in the Grotto at Alex's.

"It's been in here the whole time?" I said.

"I thought it was the safest place." Serena said.

"And I agreed." Rita said. "Not many people know what lies beneath my house.

"Open it and let's see." Alex said.

"It's okay, it's harmless now." Serena said.

"It is like the Moon Ring stone." Mimmi said.

"It's hard to believe how much trouble that's caused." I said.

"So nothing to worry about, it's safe and sound." Serena said passing it to me and I grabbed the stone and it fired up.

"Wow." I said.

"What did you do to it?" Mimmi said.

"I just touched it." I said then saw Mimmi moving to touch it. "Mimmi, no." I said dropping the box and grabbed her hand before she could.