Chapter 23

Zac's POV

The Full Moon was Tonight and Alex was staying with me. I got up and changed and met Alex for our swim, like we always do. Then we went back to mine and played something to get my mind off of the Full Moon. We got a call from Evie wanting to talk to us. We told her to come around and we can talk about whatever it is.

"Is there anyway to stop it?" Evie said.

"We stay indoors, out of the Moon light." I said.

"There's another way but doesn't work for first time Full Moons." Alex said.

"Hey, don't worry, you got us with you." I said.

"Zac's right." Alex said.

Then the door opened and Dad walked in.

"Come right in." I said.

"Hello, Evie, Alex." Dad said.

"Dr. Blakely." Evie said.

"Robert." Alex said.

"You got a search warrant?" I joked.

"I'm looking for my open water lures." Dad said.

I went to where they were and passed them to him.

"You going fishing?" I said.

"You haven't forgotten again, have you?" Dad said. "Our annual camping trip to Mako?"

"That's this weekend?" I said.

"Mmm-Hmm." Dad said. "The forecast is for blue skies and calm seas."

"But." I said.

"No buts." Dad said.

"Dad, I have plans with Alex, Tonight." I said.

"The three of us are going camping and we're going to have a great time." Dad said.

"Three of us?" I said.

"You, me, and Cam." Dad said.

"Cam?" I said.

"It's about time the both of you got over whatever happened between you." Dad said.

"Dad, me and Alex have plans." I said.

"Okay, WE still have the other tent." Dad said.

"Then Alex can come to make sure Cam and I don't knock heads." I said.

"Okay fine, I guarantee this will be a weekend none of us will forget." Dad said as he leaves to go back to the main house.

"That's what I'm worried about." I said.

"Hey, you got me okay, I keep more than a eye on you if I have too." Alex said.

"Thanks, Evie, what are you gonna do?" I said.

"Quiet Night indoors." Evie said.

"Okay." Alex said. "I'll go let Mum know and get stuff together." She said then left. Evie left not too long after.

I ended up getting my rucksack out and start to grab some clothes and things for it. I was nervous as Hell. At least I have Alex coming with me. Alex will keep an eye out for me always. I was about halfway through packing when I heard a knock on the door so I went over and opened it to see Cam who said something about Erik coming to.

"Why did you ask Erik?" I said.

"I didn't. He suggested it." Cam said.

"Well you should have said no." I said.

"Are you worried he's going to discover whatever it is that you're keeping to yourself?" Cam said.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I said.