3:

Gosh was it even more awkward the next day.

Yoongi trying to avoid Jungkook as much as possible and looking rather uncomfortable whenever he was near the taller.

The bunny boy therefore tried to keep his distance to Yoongi that day as well.
He felt sorry, actually horrible how he had treated the smaller the evening.

However what Jungkook was mostly waiting for was the afternoon, where him and Jin would finally talk about what actually had happened.

Finally 3pm, Jin arriving inside his small office and sitting down to get more comfortable.

"So.. Explain some things to me." Jungkook now said, Jin leaning back and humming a bit.

"Before I tell you anything.. I can't properly explain to you either why Yoongi won't tell you this.. But you do remember that day in college where we talked to each other don't you? I Mean when we shared about each other's experiences in the business."

Jungkook nodded his head a bit, leaning forward as he listened carefully.

"I do, what about it?"

"Well.. You know what we talked about don't you?"

"Of course I do"

Jin and Jungkook both stood in one of the empty hallways, Taehyung just having left Jungkook alone to return to their table.

"Could you somehow convince your father to speak to my dad?"

"Jungkook I'm sorry, I really tried but he said it was none of my business. It's the decision of your father and my father can't just tell him what to do" Jin said, Jungkook letting out a frustrated sigh, rubbing his temples as he thought.

"So what are you gonna do now?" Jin asked, raising an eyebrow.

Jungkook was quiet for a few seconds, as if really thinking hard about making a decision.

"I can't go."

".. Huh ?" Jin now said a bit surprised, Jungkook shaking his head and looking down.

"You can't go? Jungkook that's an opportunity you only get once! It's a groaning program for the best of the best and it's one of the conditions for your father to let you take over the company in the future! It is-"

"Yes I know it's one of the best but it's in Japan! For four or five years, full-time! I can't just leave Yoongi alone like that.. I wouldn't be able to make it either without him.."

Jin looked a bit speechless, not having thought that Jungkook actually was that much in love with Yoongi.

"But.. But taking over your dad's company was your dream wasn't it? You're just gonna give that up?"

".. Seems like I have to. I won't just leave Yoongi alone now."

"He listened to our conversation back then" Jin mumbled, crossing his arms, Jungkook widening his eyes as he heard that.

"..he did?"

"Mhm.. He never wanted to hurt you, he just wanted you to fulfill your dream of being able to take over your father's company one day.. Breaking up seemed like the best option since just talking to you probably wouldn't have convinced you back then. You literally clinged on him so much. As if your life depended on it."

That was an explanation which made so much sense to Jungkook.

The smaller really never wanted to hurt him, he never wanted him to suffer. He just wanted the best for Jungkook.

All this time Jungkook thought Yoongi must not have been bothered by breaking up with him at all after it was so quick and sudden, however now after hearing everything, the male realized that Yoongi must've been just as frustrated and hopeless to give up on their relationship to make Jungkooks dream come true.

"I never.. I never wanted that."

Jin hummed a bit, standing up to rub Jungkooks back, the bunny boy covering his face as he tried his best not to tear up and cry.

It was so stupid, yet so lovable and incredible selfless how Yoongi acted.

That absolutely made Jungkook go even more crazy.
The smaller must've really loved him after all.

Fifteen minutes and jin had to go, leaving Jungkook who still was only in his thoughts.

The taller couldn't stop thinking, completely ignoring his work and thinking about the past and what could've been.

An whole hour of sitting in silence, just him and his thoughts, until he snapped out of it and finally decided that it was time to talk to Yoongi.

Even if the smaller didn't tell him and seemed like he wouldn't want to at any point, Jungkook now was confident that he could be calmer around the smaller.

He now only could love the cat boy even more.

Fuck what Taehyung told him, fuck Jimins opinion.

If he'd get hurt again, then so shall be it.
Min Yoongi, was his current dream.
Nothing else.
Risking to get hurt would be worth it.

Standing up and making his way around the office to eventually stop at a desk and tap his finger on the desk.

".. Come in my office for an second." he only said, walking back to his office, Yoongi hesitantly following and closing the door behind him, sitting down on the chair.

Jungkook looked calmer, but he also noticed Jungkooks red eyes as if he had cried.

"Yoongi.. I wanna apologize first of all. I was.. Very rude yesterday. I'm so sorry for acting like that and perhaps scaring you and or hurting you. It won't happen again, don't worry about that." the taller spoke and then let out a small sigh.

".. I accept your apology.. Thanks"Yoongi said quietly, the taller humming and then biting in his bottom lip kinda nervous.

"also.. I'd like to ask you out on an date.. I know this may seem out of nowhere and I may-"

"Okay"

".. Okay?" Jungkook asked blinking a few times at Yoongis sudden response.

"Let's go on an date.. I'm honestly very surprised that you ask me that, but I can't really complain. Please just no restaurant that's too fancy or such stuff" Yoongi spoke, Jungkook starting to smile a bit and humming a bit, pretty happy that the smaller just agreed to an date so easily.

That for sure meant that Yoongi was still somehow interested in him.

A good sign for Jungkook to not lose hope yet.