Chapter 63: Preparations for Irodori Festival & New Revelations

3rd POV

Thoma: Of course, m'lord.

As the 4 of them enter the headquarters, Thoma shows Eula the guest room while Yap follows Ayato to discuss about the letter. Taking a seat at a suitable place, both males get themselves comfortable before the Hydro Vision wielder starts the conversation between them.

Ayato: Once again, I do apologize for the unconventional method that was used for the letter to get to you. 

Yap only nods understandingly.

Yap: I'm sure as one of the Commissioners among the Tri-Commission, you would have some way of... sending your messages across. Putting that aside, what is it that you wish to talk to me about, sir Ayato?

Ayato: Well said. Now that the Sakoku Decree has been lifted, foreigners, tourists, they're all now slowly but surely making their return as well as the locals overseas. Along with Guuji Yae, we've planned a festival to mark this occasion.  

Yap: I see. I would like to know more a little, at least.

Ayato: This particular festival is called Irodori Festival. It is an event deeply rooted in culture and the arts. It is held to celebrate the works done by the Five Kasen. They were all gifted singers and poetry writers of ancient Inazuma. The Five Kasen brought a cultural revolution to the nation. As a sign of the people's appreciation towards the works of the The Five Kasen, the Irodori Festival was developed. However, the tales of the Five Kasen were gradually forgotten and the related Iridori Festival also faded from Inazuma's customs over time. And as said earlier, now that the Sakoku Decree has been lifted-

Yap: The Yashiro Commission as well as Guuji Yae decides to reintroduce it?

Ayato: (nods) Correct. You're quick to catch on. Anyways, we've decided to revive the festival by holding an international cultural convention featuring light novels, which she considers a representation of the modern Inazuman culture, as opposed to how poems represented ancient Inazuman culture.

Yap: [Definitely sounds like something Miko would do, alright..] Well, let's say you've my attention, sir Ayato. So, what would you like me to do?

Ayato: So you're willing to help?

Yap: It depends. Of course, payment is one thing. Another thing what I NEED to do. Of course, if you're referring to.. let's say, behind the scenes security, I'll be more than happy to oblige.

Ayato: (smirks a little) That so? Well, I'll consider it then. Putting that matter aside, the Yashiro Commission has sent- or rather, invite several celebrities from overseas. For example, we've recently just sent an invitation letter to a famous artist and a bard who both hail from Mondstadt. Naturally, we'll be providing accommodations and food in Inazuma for each of the distinguished guests. However, we fear that staying in a foreign land may feel a little uncomfortable.

Yap: (slowly nods understandingly) I understand. Usually it takes time for guests from other nations to get themselves used to a new environment. Unfortunately, reassuring people isn't really my specialty, sir Ayato.

Ayato: Hmm... Looks like we're at an impasse already?

Both males stop to think for a while.

Yap: Unless... I think I know one person that might just be capable of welcoming guests from distant lands.

Ayato: A coincidence, it seems. Great minds think alike. So, who was the person you thought of?

Yap: Aether, of course. Honorary Knight of Favonius, Liyue's Savior, and the Captain of an elite squad of the Resistance during the Vision Hunt Decree. Considering the amount of people he has met, I'm sure that our guests will be more comfortable with his presence around. Not only that, should our guests need help or special attention, I'm sure he can handle it, no problem.