Chapter 15: A New Companion Joins The Journey

3rd POV

Childe: Alright.

With that, Childe left the scene, leaving Yap all alone.

Yap: (soft sigh) [Now what?]

Timeskip few days

Thanks to the joint effort of the Adventurers' Guild and the Knights of Favonius, monsters around Mondstadt are at all times low now. Which means nearly everyone has spare time.

Yap: [Phew... A break sure is nice. I'll probably take a short nap at Windrise by the tree. What could go wrong anyway? Besides, the smell of the winds there is quite refreshing.]

Gently sitting by the tree and closing his eyes, it did not take long for him to fall asleep.

2-3 hours passed.

(Slime jumping noises)

Yap: (is still somehow asleep)

Slime: "Phew. Luckily I managed to get away from those things.." (Turns to look at Yap who's still asleep) "A human.. But this one seems gentle enough. I'll rest here awhile.." (mentally sigh) "I wonder how the world is like? It's scary if you think about it. Getting killed 2-5 days before you can properly explore your surroundings. What am I? A punching bag? Ah whatever. I just hope this human's kind enough to let me rest for a while with him. Though I wonder if I can get him to take me along for travels."

More timeskip

Yap: (finally wakes up after at least 4 hours napping) ... [I overslept again, didn't I? Ah well.] (Looks down on his lap where a Large Anemo Slime is resting peacefully on his lap) [Huh? What's it doing here? Usually slimes don't get near to humans, yeah? What's with this thing?] (gently pokes the resting slime with his finger) [It's boingy.] (Pokes it a few more times with his finger, sometimes increasing the force to see how deep it can be poked in)

Eventually after a while of poking, the slime woke up and look at Yap.

Slime: ... "You're... not afraid of me?"

Yap: ? [It seems rather curious.] "Hey there buddy. Anything I can help you with?"

Slime: [HE SPOKE!] "Oh, well um hello there. As you can see, I'm an Anemo Slime. And I've a request for you."

Yap: "Oh? And what would that be? Mind you, if it's anything destructive-"

Slime: (shaking itself repeatedly like how humans shake their head saying no) "Y-y-you've got it all wrong! What I'd like to ask of you is if you could take me along on your journey! I promise to be of help whenever I can! I can help you create wind currents if that is what you want, and I'm no stranger to combat too! Just take me with you on your journey, please!"

Yap: [Hmm... This is a very peculiar slime. Still. It seems friendly enough.] "Alright fine. I'll let you join me in my journey."

Slime: "Yay!"

Yap: "But there ARE rules of course."

Slime: "Of course, of course! Whatever it is, I'll be happy to hear it!"

Yap: "Rule number 1; Stay in the bag at all times until you're needed. 2. No peeking. 3. Do NOT cause ANY kind of trouble. Do you get it?"

Slime: "Easy enough! Now then.." (Deflates itself to a smaller size before fitting into Yap's inventory)

Yap: We're gonna have to name you soo how about Tempest?

Tempest: "Sounds great! From this day forth, I am Tempest! I shall accompany you on your journey across Teyvat!"

Yap: [Well... How do I tell Eula this?]

Timeskip

Back at the dorm..