Chapter 45: New Bartender In Town

3rd POV

Author: So yey. Here we are now. By the chapter name, I think you already know where this is going.

Allie: So.. skip straight to the end?

Author: If..If I do so, then what's the point of this fanfic?

Allie: ..Good point.

Author: Anyhow, let's gooo

The next day..

Waking up without his Vision going full apeshit on him (refer to previous chapter[s]), Yap got ready for the day, and exhales, knowing that Jean would probably be upset after last night if she knew. He has to tell her that anyway.

Vision: 'You're lucky.. For now.'

Of course, breakfast. A very important thing for Yap first thing in the morning after freshened up. As how he would put it at times, Food is love. Food is life. No food, no life. But this chapter obviously isn't about breakfast or food though. Because well. If you paid attention to the chapter name, you know where this is going. And don't make me repeat it though.

After having a hearty breakfast, he then reports to Jean.

Yap: (Knocks on door) Jean? Are you in there? Or are you still asleep?

No response from the other side.

Yap: ... Ok.. (Slowly opens the door)

Entering the room, Yap finds a still asleep Jean on the couch. She seems to be content, making Yap to leave her be. Poor girl needs her rest after all.

Yap: [I'll probably wake her up in an hour or two. Maybe about an hour and a half would be great for her.]

Closing the door afterwards, Yap makes his way to his workplace, sorting out requests from Mondstadt's citizens to deal with monsters or to find missing belongings. Like seriously though, do they have like, no awareness whatsoever of their belongings until it's lost?

Oh wait. This actually does apply to like most NPCs though.

Allie: I know right? (Playing a random RPG game) I get it I've to fetch shits for you and you offer rewards and what not. But doing it repetitively makes it kind of.. boring. (sighs as she puts down the game)

Game: (One shot KO's Allie's character and party)

Allie: WTF?! Nerf this shit! Literally unplayable! What the hell is this?!

Author: Skill issue Allie. Let me show you a pro move.

Allie: Yeah, bullshit. Prove it otherwise.

Timeskip

Author: Aight. I admit it. Literally fucking unplayable. Go lodge a complaint against the devs of this shitty game or whatever. (curses under breath) Which mad fucker made this boss anyway?

Back to this story tho.

After about half an hour or sorting out paperwork and deciding which ones to take, Yap nodded, mostly to himself before looking at the couch Jean was sleeping on before going over to Jean's table to take some of the load. But before he could do that, a knock was heard.

Yap: [Who could it be?] Come in.

Noelle: Oh, it's Yap. Did you...stay here for the entire night? And how's Master Jean doing?

Yap: (chuckles) Of course I didn't. As for your second question, she's resting by the couch there. Just brew her a cup of coffee if you will, Noelle. And a strong one.

Noelle: For you?

Yap only looked at Jean in response before answering her.

Yap: Sadly, nope. I'm more of a tea person.