Chapter 52: An Archon's Promise

3rd POV

Ei: A battleground... One where I shall sever ties with the past and take the first steps into the future.

Heading there, Yap tells Eula to return back to the city.

Eula: But..!

Yap: What happens next is not suited for you, Eula. You'll tire out within a few minutes.

Eula: Then could you at least explain why?

Yap: I believe I've once told you about how the Shogun and Ei are different?

Eula: Yes. And?

Yap: Please don't tell me you've already forgotten.. Anyways. Ei is the Archon herself. She typically resides within the Raiden Shogun. Simply put, the Shogun is a puppet while Ei lives inside the puppet.

Eula: .... [So this will become a duel between the Archon of Inazuma and the Shogun puppet.. No wonder he warned me of this.] (sighs) Alright then. I shall head back to the city first. But you better return, you hear me? Else I won't be able to enact my vengeance on you.

Yap: (chuckles) Heh. Now that's the Eula I know. Don't worry. I'll be back before you know it.

With it, the Cryo Vision holder couple gave each other a wholesome hug before they broke off.

Eula: You better return.

Yap: I got it I got it.. (smiles) Stay safe on your way back.

Ei: We're finally here. The entrance should be nearby...

A torii gate then manifests, sakura petals swirling around before it dissipates

Paimon: Whoa, where'd that torii gate come from?

Aether: Are you alright?

Ei: It's getting worse again... But it's fine, I'm about to put an end to it all. (Strained) This is a place I once sealed off with my own hands... The entrance to Raiden Makoto's realm of consciousness. It looks like "she" will no longer allow me to do with this body as I please.

Paimon: Huh? What are you talking about? And who is "she" — Makoto?

Yap: (shakes his head) No.

Paimon: Then who?

Yap: You two have once entered the Plane of Euthymia, did you not?

Paimon: Uh huh...

Yap: The Plane of Euthymia separates who from who?

Paimon: ...What?

Yap: [For fuck's sake.] (sigh) Aether.

Aether: Separate someone from another person..?

Yap: Yes.

Aether: [The Plane of Euthymia... It separates Ei from the world around her. The world around her... wait.] The Shogun herself..?

Yap: (nods) Correct. I expected you to connect the dots much faster. But oh well, it can be looked aside just this once, I guess.

Ei: Follow me.

Paimon: Where are we g— aah, aaah aaaah!!!

Being transported into the portal from the torii gate that appeared earlier, Ei was leading them inside. Paimon was freaking out, Aether was cautious and on guard for anything that may happen and Yap......

Yap seems pretty chill about it, no clear signs of worry on his face. Once they entered the realm of consciousness, everyone had varying reactions.

Paimon: Ugh... Paimon's dizzy, where did we get sucked into this time... (shakes her head to get rid of the dizziness and looks around) Whoa! This place...