Chapter 23: Narukami Island Trip

3rd POV

???: (Motions her unit to move out) 

Timeskip

At their camp, Yap's hands were tied, his bag taken aside and his weapons taken away.

Yap: (Looking at the Tenryou Commission officers) Be gentle with that bag now. Most of the items inside are foods. If any of them spoils, I'll be sure that you pay me back.

Checking his travel permit, it was approved by the Kanjou Commission, having it's mark on it.

A/N: Childe had prepared 1 for him off screen.

Sara: I'm Kujou Sara. You may forget my name, but this you must know: On my watch, Inazuma will always be defended, and the will of the Shogun will always be done. Deity or demon, if you make an enemy of me you will be struck down!

Yap: ... Ok. One thing we should both make clear; I'm still tied up. So if you could please.

Sara: Ahem. Right.. About that. How did you enter Inazuma?

Yap: A friend of mine had invited me to Inazuma. He's on duty and rather busy. [Technically.]

Sara: I see.. And may I know his name?

Yap: ... [Should I.?] 

Before Yap was about to speak, some individuals arrived at their camp.

Sara: Traveler, Miss Xinyan. Why are you both here? 

Aether: The domain's clear now. So there won't be any need for you to storm the domain. There will be a shikigami named Shiki Taishou to explain the situation.

Sara: I see.

Aether: (Looks at Yap, tied up) And why are you here...?

Yap: (Looks at Aether with an unamused face) Apparently I was being suspicious so I got tied up and whatnot. (Looks back to Kujou Sara) Soo... Are we continuing the interrogation process?

Xinyan: Bein' suspicious? Whadd'ya mean?

Yap: Well, I did say I'll exit the domain earlier than you guys, yeah? Madam Kujou Sara just so happened to be nearby with her troops. What happened after that can be figured out if you use your brain.

Sara: Wait. You said you exited the domain before them?

Yap: (nods) Correct. [1 thing I should probably make clear as well; I'm not into bondage, thank you very much.] Next question.

Sara: Ah yes. Back to the question I asked before Traveler and Miss Xinyan came in. What is the name of the individual that allowed you to enter Inazuma?

Yap: ... [Fuck it.] (breaths in steadily before exhaling) Tartaglia "Childe" .

Aether and Xinyan: !!

Paimon: WHAT?! YOU CAME TO INAZUMA WITH THE FATUI?! AND WITH A HARBINGER NO LESS?!

Yap: Mhmm. 

Sara: The Fatui?! And with a Harbinger?! 

Yap: [Hmm yes. She's definitely not pissed at all after hearing this.] The Tenryou Commission is equivalent to the armed defense forces of Inazuma or at least Narukami Island, correct?

Aether: Yeah.

Yap: Well. Let's make this like, incredibly quick. Inside my bag I've an Anemo Slime as a traveling companion who helps create wind currents for me while I'm exploring. I also have an Inspector's Sacrifical Knife, a Lieutenant Fatui Agent's oufit and it's matching insignia. I'm actually a Knight of Favonius who's on holiday break because I wanted to see what is beyond Mondstadt. So yes, I'm a Knight of Favonius working with the Fatui. However, it is mostly discreet on both sides. For the Knights of Favonius, at least. The same cannot really be said about the Fatui howsoever.