Chapter 55: Wishing Rituals?

3rd POV

Yap: I hope I'll make it in time..

Now awake from his nap, Yap gently gets up and places Yae Miko's head against the Sacred Sakura instead of his shoulder.

Standing up, dusting himself and adjusting himself properly, Yap takes one last look at the fox envoy before he heads down.

Now back at the residence they were both staying at, Yap arrived just in time since Eula was about to head out.

Yap: Looks like I'm just on time.

Eula: That you are. Now then, shall we?

Yap: (nods) Of course. 

Heading to Kiminami Anna's, they take a seat by the restaurant.

Kiminami Anna: Welcome! What would you like?

Yap: If it isn't an issue, could we see the menu?

Kiminami Anna: Sure. (Hands Yap the menu)

As the Cryo Vision couple looked through the menu, Yap had a general idea of what he wanted. Eula took her time to go through it even more, searching for anything that may suit her tastes.

Yap: Miss. One Delicious Rice Cake Soup, More-and-more, Tricolor Dango, Taiyaki each, 4 pairs of Tuna Sushi for me. The Dango, Taiyaki and the Tuna Sushi are for both me and this fine young lady here. (To Eula) Found anything you like?

Eula: I'll have a.. Delicious Rice Cake Soup, Miso Soup, Wak..Waka..Huh..?

Yap: Lemme see.. (Looks over) Ah. Wakatakeni. Anyway, that's all?

Eula: (nods) 

Yap: Alright. So let's see... 2 Delicious Rice Cake Soup, one Miso Soup, More-and-more, Tricolor Dango, Wakatakeni, and Taiyaki each. And 4 pairs of Tuna Sushi.

Kiminami Anna: Alright. Got it. Please wait while I prepare.

Nodding, Yap turns to Eula. 

Yap: I could have been a bit quicker, but unfortunately something, or rather, someone delayed me a little.

Eula: Oh? And who could it be?

Yap: Miko. In any case, now that's dealt with already, we should now enjoy ourselves for once, shouldn't we? 

Eula: I suppose you're right. Still, the situation with the Sacred Sakura was a little unexpected, I will admit.

Yap: I did somewhat expect this. Well then, would you like to take a walk after dinner, my spindrift?

Eula: (nods, smiling) I would love to, my blizzard.

Two cups of tea were then placed in front of them, and the two Cryo Vision holders continue chatting with each other. 

Occasionally Yap would stop a short while to take a sip from his drink.

Eventually it had to come to a stop as their meals arrived. Since both of them were already hungry, they started by eating the tuna sushi first. Putting one into their mouth, the rice loosens up inside their mouth, with the slice of tuna just thick enough to allow them to savor the taste but also not too thin that it would the taste would be overlooked.

Taking a little more of the tuna sushi, the pair of Cryo Vision holders enjoyed their meals afterwards with Yap having More-and-more and a Delicious Rice Cake Soup while Eula had Wakatakeni and a Delicous Rice Cake Soup as well.

The rice cake soup was simply a great experience for the both of them. The freshness of light soup forms the perfect backdrop for the original flavor of the ingredients to stand out, giving them that ancient taste of Inazuma City. Yap even considered learning to make this should he next time patrol Dragonspine or even if he heads to Snezhnaya. Sure, there's Goulash, but hey. Why not more?