Chapter 44: Some Small Talk

3rd POV

As the Herald slowly fades away after being defeated, Yap could sense that there wasn't just the Abyss forces who ambushed him earlier that was here. Looking at a direction, he called out.

Yap: I know you're there, stranger. Might I ask what are you doing here?

???: (Reveals himself) I must say, you've quite the sharp senses. Not only did you manage to detect me, but your combat prowess is not an easy feat to replicate. Defeating a Herald and it's forces all by your own. No wonder they call you the Blizzardfrost Knight.

Yap: You seem to know quite the amount about me. Mind explaining why? (Points his sword at ???)

???: ...I do not wish to fight against you, if possible. But first, let me introduce myself.

Dain: My name is Dainsleif. A.... wanderer if you will. Like a certain samurai you've encountered on your journey across Teyvat.

Yap: ...Kazuha. Soo.. mind explaining why you know me? 

Dain: (soft chuckle) Well, the name Blizzardfrost Knight caused quite the stir among the Knights. Most, of course, are surprised. Astonished, even. On how fast you progressed.

Yap: Sadly, I usually pay little attention to rumors like these.

Dain: However, seeing as you're an interesting fellow, I shall give you a small hint. "One must never drop their guard, even in a familiar location." I believe you're at least well-taught to understand it's meaning?

Yap: Of course I do. (nods) [Not drop my guard even in an area I'm used to...] And my guess that you're telling me this is because there are some... individuals who do not exactly welcome it?

Dain: (nods) Not only that, but they're also keeping quite the close eye on you. You might have met them once or twice. And, if this brings any comfort to you, it's not a Vision Holder. But still, they might pose a threat to you in the long run if you were to... further secure your relationship with the Spindrift Knight.

Yap: ...Her family.

Dain: Unfortunately so. If you once remembered that one little scuffle you had with them.. Let's just say they weren't too happy about it.

Yap: [..Huh. That incident huh. This means whatever they did, well, let's just say won't be too pleasant.]

Dain: (Looks around) It seems that I should leave now. Those shouldn't be the only Abyss forces here. That unit which ambushed you earlier is but a small portion of their total forces.

Yap: (understanding nod) Then you probably should, Dainsleif.  After all, I do have someone to return to. (soft chuckle)

Dain: [Someone to return to... If only.. If only..] I wish you the best of luck, Blizzardfrost Knight Yap. Relations like those.. are hard to come by. While I do not believe in the Archons, I hope you and Spindrift Knight Eula will stick with each other and support each other until the end.

Yap was slightly shocked, not expecting Dain to be those type that would say things like that. Still, recovering from said shock, he gives him his thanks before he continued with what he was supposed to be doing. But before he left, Yap gave Dain a few thousand Mora.

Dain: (Looks at the Mora pouch)... What's this for?

Yap: In case if you are to stop by Mondstadt City anytime. It should be enough for a day or two's worth of meal. Maybe even more if you know how to manage it. And consider it my thanks as the warning you gave earlier.

Dain: ... I take you won't take no for an answer?

Yap: More or less. Goodbye then, Dain.

As the Blizzardfrost Knight walked away, the Bough Keeper only watched silently at the pouch of Mora the former gave to the latter before looking back up, the former now gone, possibly continuing with his patrolling assistance for the Reconnaissance Company.