Chapter 2: A new job in a new world. What could go wrong?

3rd POV

Before starting off (again), we'll have a little talk with our dear protaganist here, shall we?

*Finger snapping sound*

Yap: Huh. I'm...back here again.

Author: E yup! So, how'd you feel after that duel?

Yap: Eh...It wasn't so bad. (Mumble) Though the last part was quite embarrassing....

Author: (leaning in) Oya? I couldn't hear that clearly. Come again?

Yap: The last part was....quite embarrassing.. (looks away)

Author: (leans back) Teehee! So onwards to the story! (Teleports Yap back)

Eula: [Mark my words, Yap. Vengeance will be mine for what you've done to me.]

Yap: .....[I don't like how it ended but... If I didn't do anything, I would've lost... Now let's see...The Adventurer's Guild? I guess I should register since well, my Mora problem will eventually return to me.]

Meanwhile Venti......

Venti: (sneezes) Oh, dear. What was that about? (Eases himself) Oh whatever. Time for some dandelion wine~

In Liyue...

???: (Sneezes) Just who...

???2: Uh, Old Man Zhong, you ok there? Take a rest if you need. You're old after all. Rest is of utmost importance for a guy like you.

Zhongli: I assure you, Director, this is nothing. And besides, I'm NOT that old in this body.

Hu Tao: Yeah yeah whatever Old man.

Zhongli: .....[If she wasn't one of my income sources, I would've beaten her up.]

Back to Yap...

Yap: (standing in front of the receptionist) Uh...Is this the Adventurer's Guild?

???: Yes. Are you here to register?

Yap: Yes.

???: Alright. I'm Katheryne. The receptionist of Mondstadt's Adventurer's Guild. (Hands Yap a form) Just fill in these and you're good to go!

Yap: (fills in the form) Done.

Kath: Alright. Now, I'll tell you how it works alright?

A/N: Because writing her full name is hard.

Yap: Sure. Go on ahead.

Kath: For an adventurer, experience is far more precious, and reliable compared to potential. While I certainly do see some in you, with some brushing up needed and you'll be just like the Honorary Knight of Mondstadt!

Yap: I see...Thanks for the compliment.

Kath: (giggles) No problem. Now as I was saying, you've to accumulate Adventure EXP to increase your Adventure Rank. Also known as AEXP and AR respectively.

Yap: I see. Oh, is there a membership fee or something like that?

Kath: Nope. There are benefits but no drawbacks to being a member.

Yap: Ooo. Go on.

Kath: The Guild also rewards you with rewards as you grow stronger in AR.

Yap: Neat.

Kath: Here. As a new member, here a gift for you. (Hands Yap an Adventurer Handbook, 30 Mystic Enhancement Ores, some chains, 30 Chaos Device, 10 Slime Condensate, 10 Whopperflower Nectar and 200 primos along with 50 Hero Wits)