Chapter 38: Divine Damsel Of Devastation

3rd POV

Yap: I'll explain the rest later.

Timeskip

Once he got comfortable, Yap then explains to Eula, Shenhe, and the others present.

Yap: Now, first things first. Forgive me for being a little... biased to Eula. As I'll answer her questions first. You alright with that, Shenhe?

Shenhe nods in response.

Shenhe: You can take your time. My question after all, is not in a rush to be answered.

Yap: ... Alright. (To Eula) So.. What'd you like to know?

Eula: That form of yours earlier... Was it... like the one me and Traveller fought back in Dragonspine? Having to rescue you?

Yap: (nods after a few long seconds) Yes.. However. I'm in much more control than ever. In other words, how I wish to control my body in that form is up to me.

Eula: I...I see. (Relaxes her tense body, falling into Yap's embrace)

Yap only pat her head slowly, looking at her for a while before turning to Shenhe.

Yap: As for you Shenhe..

Shenhe: I'd like to know how you knew that I wanted to be part of the human society?

Yap: I.. don't know what happened. It just sort of came to me naturally. As if your wish was crying out, wanting to be acknowledged. Have you perhaps done something in your past? Say a few years ago. (Still patting Eula's head, now comfortably on his lap)

Shenhe: ... I suppose I did venture out from the mountains few years ago secretly.

Yap: [Ah. Now it's starting to make more sense. Still, this makes it sound like Cloud Retainer purposely let it happen. But then again... Cloud Retainer is much more carefree compared to the others I've met.] I see.. But to actually answer how to be part of the human society... I'm afraid I don't have an answer to that. Or a solid and reasonable one, at least. Maybe try asking Aether or even Lady Ningguang herself. They might give a valid and reasonable point.

Shenhe: (nods) Noted. I'll ask them later then.

Yap: (soft sigh) [First, it took over my body, attempting to seize control. Then, in Inazuma we had to help Shiki Taishou regain his memories. Not only that, I met Yae Miko and Ei. The former making novels out of my experiences and became the only student to the latter who also gave me a gift.] (Looks at the blade Ei gave to him) [Afterwards, I did return to Mondstadt. Only to find Dragonspine different from before. My suspicions turned out to be true afterwards. Finally... Beisht. Feels like one wild ride.]

Yap then suddenly remembers why he was in Liyue for.

Yap: [Ah! That's right! I decided to take Eula here because of the Lantern Rite Festival! How silly of me. Anyway, hopefully I can get this all and over with as soon as I can.]

Just then, Ningguang entered the room Yap and Eula were in.

Ningguang: Thank you for your help, Yap. Had you not warned of the impending danger, goodness knows what would've happen.

Yap: (chuckles) I'm sure Beidou or Kazuha would've noticed it too. It just so happened that I picked up her presence faster than both of them. Still.. (realization hits) I'm surprised you knew my name, Tianquan Ningguang.

Ningguang: (small laugh) Well, Traveller did tell me your name.

Yap: I see. Everyone else is fine, right?

Ningguang: They should be. For the ones stationed on Guyun Stone Forest, I made sure enough first aid supplies was delievered there.

Yap: (Lets out a small hum)