Chapter 41: A Visit To Xiao

3rd POV

Keqing: Come on, everyone. Let's head to Wangshu Inn. Perhaps we'll find the Conqueror of Demons there.

Heading there, Xiao was nowhere to be found, as usual.

Keqing: Let's ask Verr Goldet where the Conqueror of Demons may be.

Something, or someone seemed to catch Paimon's attention as she called out to everyone.

Paimon: Huh? Hold on, isn't that... Qiqi! Oh, and the weird guy with the snake around his neck!

Yap: Something tells me you've met them before, Aether. So what's his name?

Aether: It's Baizhu. But y'know. Paimon being Paimon.

Yap: Makes sense. Let's go.

Approaching the both of them, the travelling group giving gifts for adeptus greeted them.

Paimon: Hey you guys! What are you doing?

Qiqi: Dr. Baizhu wanted herbs. So, I came to collect herbs, lots of them. And... Dr. Baizhu came too.

Baizhu: Traveler, Paimon... Oh! And Lady Keqing! It's a pleasure to see you all. We're here stocking up more herbs. (To Yap) And who might this individual be..?

Yap: Yap. I must say, it's quite rare to see a doctor out in the open.

Baizhu: Bubu Pharmacy always runs out of digestive herbs during the festival seasons. With Lantern Rite just around the corner, I thought we should get prepared.

Yap: (soft chuckle) That is true. Festivities are great and always enjoyable, but overindulgence is still a bad thing. Isn't that right?

Baizhu: I see you're quite well-informed, Yap. Very much so. While festivals are meant for happy times, one mustn't forget about their well-being. Anyway, back to the topic at hand.. We came all this way to collect some herbs, and we've picked quite the assortment. We'll be on our way back to the pharmacy once the herbs are sorted.  I certainly didn't expect to see the Yuheng all the way out here.

Keqing: I have some business to attend to here.

Baizhu: Ah, I see. It's nearly time to celebrate Lantern Rite and you're still running errands... hardworking as always!

Keqing: I appreciate the sentiment, Dr. Baizhu. I'm just doing my job.

Qiqi: Keqing, Yap and the Traveler are very busy... And we are busy too. Everyone... keep it up. 

Aether: Yes, keep it up, everyone!

Yap: (awkwardly laughs) Yeah.. Yeah. (fake cough)

Keqing: Right, thank you, Qiqi. We shouldn't tarry here any longer. Take care, you two... Ahem! Three. Traveler, Yap, let's go find Verr Goldet.

The 2 males nodded as they made their way down the stairs and met with Verr Goldet.

Verr Goldet:  Ah, Lady Keqing, what a surprise! Is there anything I can help you with?

Keqing: No, thank you. I'm just wondering if you might know where the Conqueror of Demons is?

Verr Goldet: Oh, we never inquire about Xiao's whereabouts. But if he's here, he would be up on the rooftop terrace. Please feel free to go up and have a look.

Going to the rooftop terrace, the group found it rather empty.

Yap: [Not here. But I know he's somewhere close by..]

Keqing: Hmm, he doesn't seem to be here. Perhaps we came at the wrong time?

Paimon: Maybe he's out battling somewhere again... Let's leave the gifts with the owner and ask her to...