Chapter 35: A Chat With Cloud Retainer

3rd POV

Aether: [I'll see you the next time we meet.]

Yap then walks away, back to the Harbor but not before noticing Cloud Retainer.

Yap: (Looks at Cloud Retainer for a while before continuing on returning to Liyue Harbor)

Yap could faintly hear Cloud Retainer's conversation between her and Aether but pays them no mind, intending to visit her at her abode the following day instead.

Smol timeskip 

Back at Liyue Harbor, Yap meets up with his companions.

Venti: You're finally back! Liyue's wine is just as great as ever! Want some? (offers Yap a drink)

Yap: (Looks at Venti) Eh. Maybe later. (To Eula) How about you, Eula? Did you met the person you wanted to meet?

Eula: (nods) I did. Now, what further plans do you have for us?

Yap: Feel free to do as you wish. Though I'll go grab something to eat since I am rather hungry.

Zhongli: (appears behind Yap) In that case, I know a few places in the Harbor that not only has food suitable for your companions but at the same time rather affordable.

Yap: Oh, Zhongli. Do you mean Wanmin Restaurant?

Zhongli: You're quite close. Instead, we'll be eating at Chihu Rock today.

Hu Tao: Yoo hoo~! Mind if I join you guys? (Notices Eula) Ah. Who's... this?

Before Eula could say anything, Yap decided it'd be best if he spoke first.

Yap: This is one of my companions. One that I'm close with. Her name's Eula.

Hu Tao: Eula, huh.. I'm the 77th Director of the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor, Hu Tao. Nice to meet you!

Eula: Like wise, Director Hu.

Hu Tao: Aiya! No need for formalities outside business time! Just call me Hu Tao! Hee hee~

Venti: Turns out Hu Tao here is quite good at poetry too! Never a dull moment with her around, ehe~

Yap: Heh. I can agree on that. (To Eula and Venti) So, how about you guys? You two wanna follow us for dinner? Or eat on your own?

Venti: You're paying, right?

Yap: It depends... Just because you're secretly Barbatos doesn't mean I'll give you a discount though.

Venti: A.

Eula: Might as well follow.

Later they ordered Universal Peace, Lotus Flower Crisp, Vegetarian Abalone, Almond Tofu, Bamboo Shoot Soup, Triple Layered Consommé, Braised Meat and Jade Parcels. 

A/N: It might be a lot, yes. But what I've picked are based on character's favorites in Spices from the West event. Not me being a poor as fuck and unwilling to cook other dishes and just use 21 Grilled Tiger Fishes to feed Yun Jin.

After dinner, Zhongli made sure to send Hu Tao away, saying that he (Zhongli) along with his friends and visitors from Mondstadt should try LIyue's alcohol.

Hu Tao: I'm old enough!

Zhongli: That is what you say, Director. The last time it happened, you threw your meal from your stomach.

Hu Tao: That's because I wasn't ready just yet-!

Zhongli: No more words, Director. Until I can fully determine that your body can withstand alcohol, you can't join me.