Chapter 31: Confrontation

A/N: Yes. I know I've been making chapter after chapter daily and all. Like damn. Even back at Shiki Taishou's arc it did take quite some time. But this one's just going brr every day. Allow me to explain why though.

1. I've been looking forward to writing Shadows Amidst Snowstorms event ever since this book was created.

2. Of course, you'd have to expect changes here and there for the dialogues and what not like different perspectives, different outcomes, yadda yadda yadda.

3. And finally, because it's fun lmao. I mean... if you're not having fun reading a paper book or an online one like this... why're you reading? You expect it to get better? I'm not saying that a book that started out like absolute shit CANNOT get better. It just takes time, patience, and most importantly, passion. Without passion, most of the books you read/write (depending on what kind of book you're doing) are just gonna come out half-assed like fuck.

4. That's all. Enjoy this chapter.

3rd POV

Amber: Hey Eula.

Eula didn't respond to Amber because half of her is focused on Yap, who's playing with his ice lance and her other half.. at him.

Yap's POV

That's weird. Is something on her mind?

Yap: Eula.

Eula: (snaps back) W-what?

Yap: (softly sighs) You alright? Amber called you for quite a while now and no response from you.

Eula: Oh.. That so?

I nodded, answering her question.

3rd POV

Eula: I see..

Getting changed and wrapping a towel around herself, Eula then stepped into the lake.

The ice lance that was flying in random directions that Yap summoned to float around gradually slowed down it's movements until it came to a complete stop before fading away. His eyes now closed, most likely resting.

Amber: [He's... asleep already?]

Eula: [Already asleep now..? I guess he does deserve it..]

Before Eula knew what she was doing, she went closer to Yap's location, a blush evident on her face.

Eula: [Just a touch on his chest.. Surely it wouldn't hurt, right? Wait, what am I thinking?!]

Amber, seeing her best friend getting close to who she likes, has a smug grin on her face, intending to be the wingwoman who'll get them closer.

Amber: (whisper yell) You can do it, Eula! Get closer to him more!

Some bickering arguments were then traded between Eula and Amber, somehow Yap sleeping(?) through it.

Eula: I'm trying! But I don't want to wake him up!

Amber: Stop being such a weakling like that, Eula! This opportunity might not present itself again! Take it while you still have the chance to do so!

Eula: Amber, you... I'll be sure to get back at you for this.

After some convincing by Amber and to herself mentally, Eula managed to close the gap between her and Yap. The latter's shoulders were now more relaxed, indicating that he's most likely asleep or at the very least, resting with his guard down.

Eula: (scoots over and hugs his right arm between her chest, blushing) [This feels so wrong yet.. I want it.]

Amber: [That's it Eula! You can do it!]