Chapter 43: Lantern Rite Festivities

3rd POV

After the grand fireworks display hosted by the Liyue Qixing ended, Liyue Harbor is still retaining it's festive mood. Too early for it to end, after all. Naturally, taking advantage of this is a must. Yap being Yap made sure he got to taste as much Lantern Rite specialties, Venti being... well. Venti. Eula meanwhile she enjoyed the festival in her own way.

Yap also took the opportunity to find Kazuha and had a round of sparring with him. While it ended in a draw due to the latter's experience in... wandering around as a wanderer, I suppose. Anyway. The outcome in the end was both of them would definitely spar again, given the chance.

Yap: (soft chuckle) As expected of someone who once blocked the Musou No Hitotachi.

Kazuha: You view me too highly, Yap. Had it not been for... a friend.. Perhaps the Vision Hunt Decree would've never been abolished.

A/N: Yeah. Kazuha's friend's death may have been kind of inevitable. But Teppei? Lmao who. Bastard was kind of annoying me tbh. No hate tho.

Yap: I see.. Anyway. We shouldn't ruin the festival mood the Qixing has worked so hard to set up. May we meet again, Kaedehara.

Kazuha: Goodbye then. May we meet again. [Tomo.. I'm sorry. And... thank you. Because of your ambition, it was possible to save the Traveler. One day... One day. I'll make sure you have a proper burial.]

Overall it's a good time for each of them. When the time finally came for them to return to Mondstadt, they made sure they each got themselves some souvenirs. Oh. Of course, souvenirs for some of the Knights are also bought by Yap and Eula there.

Guizhong: Ah yes the Lantern Rite... A festival celebrated by the people of Liyue,  where they each exchange blessings with each other, usually in form of health, wealth and even luck.

A/N: You thought I'd forgotten about her? Ha! You wished! True, she might not get as much screen time as the others, but I can assure you she still will have screen time from time to time. Ah yes. One more thing. While I did wanted to fix the rushed ending in the last chapter... After taking a 2nd look at it, I think it's better left as it is. Leave your opinion(s) in the comment.

Heading back to Mondstadt, Swan and Lawrence welcomed them back, as the Cryo Vision Holder couple gave their Lantern Rite gifts to them. They thanked the Cryo Vision Holders before setting their gifts aside to continue keep watch.

Venti: Guess we'll part ways now, eh?

Yap: (Smiles and nods) Mhmm. Don't worry Venti. If anything tells me how it has been so far, this won't be our last trip together. 

Venti: I'll be counting on you for that one! Say... Perhaps we should go to Inazuma next.

Yap: Assuming if Ei has abolished the Sakoku Decree.

Eula: This... Ei you're speaking of. I trust she's the ruler of Inazuma?

Yap: That's right. (nods) But it's better for us to call her the "Raiden Shogun". Like the people of Liyue, people of Inazuma can be rather.. devoted to their Archon. Then again, I suppose it's the same for all other nations. It depends on how.. devoted they are. (Ahem) Still. Me and Eula may have been enjoying ourselves a bit too much at the festival. If you would excuse us, Venti. We've work to do.

Venti: Hehe! Alright then! See ya.

Heading back to the headquarters, the Spindrift and Blizzardfrost Knight both report back to Jean to inform her they're back and ready to carry out their duties.

Jean: I trust you both had your fun at Lantern Rite Festival and Liyue?

Yap: (nods) Mhmm. Now that we're back.. We should resume our duties once more. The Reconnaissance Company might not be functioning too well without one of their captains around, eh? (Lightly elbows Eula)