Chapter 21: Mystic Onmyou Chamber

3rd POV

Yap: Alright.

Continuing inward, Aether and Xinyan mysteriously disappeared along with Paimon.

Yap: Well then.. (looks back) ... ( ._. ) Really? They just left?

Shiki Taishou: It shouldn't be... Unless something inside this domain is resisting them.

Yap: A force resisting how many people can be inside at once.. (lips slowly curl up) Childe... You thinking what I'm thinking? (grins at him) 

Childe: (grins back) Of course comrade.

Yap: We aren't stuck here with those monsters...

Childe: They're stuck with us..

Yap: (cracks knuckles and stretches his entire body, exercising them a little) Well well well.. Let's see who rakes up the highest kill streak of those monsters and Shiki Taishou replicas. Though be a little more careful on the latter..

Childe: You're on comrade. But I won't make this easy for you.

Yap: We'll see... we'll see. Shiki Taishou.

Shiki Taishou: Ah, yes?

Yap: We'll be counting on you to help us with the mechanisms and opening doors. Think you can handle that?

Shiki Taishou: Of course.

Yap: Good. Now let's go.

Fighting some waves of monsters inside, once Yap and Childe were about to continue, they noticed Shiki Taishou's no longer with them.

Yap: ... (sighs) Looks like we'll be doing this on our own, Childe. We'll spilt up. That way, we can cover more area in one go. By the way, don't get jealous if I'm in a room with strong monsters.

Childe: Sounds like a plan. Alright then.

Splitting up, the battle maniac twins went to massacre some unfortunate monsters that were in some of the rooms.

Outside the domain...

Xinyan: Shiki Taishou! Are you okay?

Shiki Taishou: I'm fine, I had to use up some of my power just now to counter the resistance from within the Domain. The door just now must have actually been a disguised mechanism. As soon as anyone touches it, all the rooms inside the onmyou chamber are rearranged. It seems that no one can enter during the transition. (sighs) It's all my fault. If only I could exert real control over the Domain, we wouldn't be in this situation...

Paimon: There's no need to go blaming yourself. By the way, where's Childe and Yap? They're not still inside, are they?

Shiki Taishou: I couldn't say... but those men possesses an incredible aura. They are unlike any ordinary person... They both enjoys fighting and knows no fear of it. Maybe someone like that really can succeed in conquering this Domain.

Paimon: Childe may be a troublemaker and Yap someone dangerous, but they could be in serious danger right now. We can't let them perish in there! They're the strongest on the team!

Xinyan: They were hardly breakin' a sweat in there. I think we should have faith in their abilities. As much as I hate sittin' around, if even Shiki Taishou can't get back in, there's not much we can do right now... (sighs) Well, while we're waitin', I'm gonna think about my song. Shiki Taishou, you wanna listen to some new music?

Shiki Taishou: I'd love too, but my mind is restless...

Paimon: But you're a piece of paper, are you really more restless than we are?