Chapter 48: A Good Drink Tastes Better With Companions

3rd POV

Yae Miko: Don't keep me waiting now. 

Heading back to Mondstadt City to fetch a certain Archon entertaining his people by being a bard, it didn't take too long as not only Yap found him at Angel's Share as usual, and he just finished performing a ballad.

Yap: Yo, Venti.

Venti: Fancy seeing you here, Yap. To what I owe the pleasure of meeting the Blizzardfrost Knight this evening, hm? 

Yap: Nothing much. Want to have a bottle of Dandelion or two with me?

Venti: Sounds great! Don't mind if I do.

Yap: (Chuckles) Charles. 2 bottles of Dandelion Wine please.

Charles: Alright.

Taking 2 bottles from the storage, Yap paid Charles and motioned Venti to come along.

Venti: Oh? We're not drinking in the tavern today?

Yap: (shakes head) Nope. In fact, we've got ourselves a new drinking partner. She's currently waiting for us at Windrise.

Venti: [A she? This should be interesting..]

While heading to Windrise, Venti and Yap talked a little about how each other were doing since coming back from Liyue's Lantern Rite.

Venti: I'm still a little surprised seeing how you and that old blockhead get along well with each other.

Yap: Well, you do get along well with Hu Tao, did you not?

Venti: Eheh... That is true.

Yap: And that's why.

Venti: Still. Not everyday you see someone as interesting as her, do you?

Yap: For the typical everyday people, yes. For me... I think I should get used to it.

Venti: How so?

Yap: I've seen stuff, Venti.

A short while later, Venti and Yap were at Windrise with Yae Miko waiting.

Yae Miko/Venti: So this is the drinking partner you were talking about earlier?

Yap: (nods) Mhmm. Miko. Meet Venti. Who is Barbatos, Archon of Mondstadt in this bard-like attire. Venti, Barbatos, meet Yae Miko.... Grand Preistess of Grand Narukami Shrine. Or as how she would prefer... the wise and beautiful Yae Miko.

Yae Miko: (giggles) You certainly know how to introduce your friends to each other, don't you?

Yap: Maybe. But you're just a little tricky since being the character that you are. Still. Now that the 3 of us are here now, let's have a drink, shall we?

Venti: Right you are, Yap! Now I'll pour for you guys. Trust me.

Yap: NO.

Venti: Fine..

In the end, Yap poured the Dandelion Wine for everyone equally enough, all of them drinking away happily.

Venti: Here's to good wine and happy days (hic)~!

Yap: ...

Yae Miko: (giggles) Your friend here is quite the character. But is it really true this is the Archon of Mondstadt?

Yap: I'm not joking, Miko. It is. Still, you're capable of getting back to Inazuma by yourself, right?

Yae Miko: Hm? Of course. Why, are you worried about me?

Yap: Maybe just a little. There has been a little episode of.. action in one of Mondstadt's taverns the other day, hehe.

Yae Miko: (Intrigued) Oh? Tell me the details. [It might even be a good scene for the next volume for the book based on him. What was the name again..? Ah yes... It doesn't have a name yet. All it is so far is only the ones he has told me before. I'll bring it up with him once he's done telling his little episode, hehe.]