Chapter 17: New Friends In Liyue

3rd POV

Zhongli: Visiting the adepti will take some time. But if that is what you want, I shall do my best.

Yap: Thank you, Mr Zhongli.

Zhongli: Just Zhongli will do. Our contract will deepen our relations, thus there's no need for formalities between us.

Yap: Will do.

Zhongli then took Yap to his workplace where he knew someone.

Yap: Director who?

Zhongli: Hu Tao. If you ask me.. I cannot really deal with that child.

Yap: [What kind of person is she if she could even make THE Geo Archon's vessel not stand her? Well, technically not the vessel, but rather the 'soul' inside the vessel, that is.]

Entering the parlor, Zhongli told Yap to have a seat while he prepares tea.

Zhongli: Do not worry. While most teas drank at this time, you'd be awake, no? The tea I'm about to brew instead helps to fall asleep.

Yap: [That's somewhat a relief to hear..]

While Zhongli is brewing the tea...

???: Oya? Do we have a client here?

A/N: webp format is a fucking dick. Who the fuck in hell's asshole thought that this was a fucking good idea? Also sorry for smol/blurred pic.

Yap: (Turns to look at who's talking) Ah. You must be Director Hu Tao, yes?

Hu Tao: That's right! And who're you? A new client?

Yap: (small chuckle) Oh no, no, no. Not yet at least. But I don't plan on dying anytime either now.

Hu Tao: Ahahahaha! You're actually kind of funny. Anyway, I'm Hu Tao.  77th Director of the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor. By the looks of you... Radiant glow, healthy posture... Yes, you're definitely here for something other than that which falls within my regular line of work, aren't you?

Yap: Ahahah. Of course not. Zhongli was the one who took me here. 

Zhongli: (arrives and puts the tea on the table) Ah, I see you've met Director Hu. I hope she didn't cause any trouble for you?

Yap: No no. Not at all. We just exchanged greetings, that is all. Ah speaking of which, I've yet to introduce myself. BlizzardFrost Knight Yap of the Knights of Favonius. However, I'm not here for duty. 

Hu Tao: Oooohhh, A Knight of Favonius huh.. They're like the Millelith of Mondstadt, right?

Yap: You could say so, yes. [Although a fair amount of them are... utterly incompetent.] 

Zhongli: (sips tea) It's not much here, but we'll try to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

Yap: Oh, no worries about that. It is rather fine here. [Wait a minute. Where am I staying for the night again? Ah well. I suppose coming here isn't too bad. These two are quite lively.]