Chapter 8 Part II: A manner of speech, etiquette and Fatui dealings.

3rd POV 

Yap: (laughs heartily) Alright then. Goodbye for now.

As he left, the trio went back to Mondstadt for Eula to show Aether some example of noble etiquettes.

As for Yap... 

He was headed to Dawn Winery.

Having an appointment with Diluc wasn't a chance that came to everyone. They had to go through his butler first. Even so, there's no guarantees that Diluc will meet said guest.

Maid: Oh? You are..?

Yap: Yap. Earlier I received an invitation from Master Diluc to come visit him here.

Maid: There was..? Please stay here for a moment. I'll go inform Master Diluc of this.

Yap: Sure.

Earlier... 

Before leaving for the domain, he met Diluc somewhere along the way.

Diluc: How have you been? Are the Knights still incompetent as ever?

Yap: Ah, Master Diluc. I'm good, thanks. As for the Knights... if incompetent to you has the same meaning as short-handed, yes.

Diluc: A shame you joined. But that doesn't matter for now. Where are you headed to?

Yap: Midsummer Courtyard domain. Monsters have been more inside there recently.

Diluc: Oh? And once you're done there, I assume you'll go back to the city?

Yap: Most likely.

Diluc: Remember when you first joined the Knights I asked you to come to Dawn Winery when you had the time?

Yap: (Tries remembering) Hm... (remembers) Ah.. Ehehe.. I do keep forgetting that. How about later?

Diluc: Very well. I will be waiting.

Flashback end

Maid: You're now clear to enter. Master Diluc is waiting inside.

Walking inside with the maid guiding him, soon the two of them stopped at Diluc's room.

Diluc silently told the maid to leave, then gestured Yap to enter.

Diluc: How do you think of this Manor?

Yap: ... It's not too bad. Though I suppose there would be more than just an invitation here, is it?

Diluc: You spot on rather quick. How about we discuss this over a game of chess?

Yap: Hmm.. I don't mind. Let's start then.

Diluc took the board nearby and set up the pieces for both of them.

Diluc: It seems that the Fatui are still around, are they not?

Yap: (slightly narrows eyes) Indeed.. But how do you know of this?

Diluc: I assume you've heard of Angel's Share in the city? The local pub or tavern whichever you call it.

Yap: Yes..

Diluc: The tavern there is a Centre of information there. (moves King Rook's Pawn forward by one)

Yap: (Moves Queen Bishop's Pawn forward by 2) I see. I thought it was just a place where the people there drink to their heart's content or until their wallet's dried up.

Diluc: Most of them. (King's Pawn moves forward by 1) I do work there sometimes.

Yap: Interesting. (Moves Queen's Knight to infront of Queen Bishop's pawn) But back to the matter at hand, what does have to do with the Fatui and the tavern?