Chapter 32

"Mr. Barnes what's wrong with her?" Peter demanded as soon as Bucky came back from the bedroom.

"She's fine. She's just tired. Bruce had to take a lot of samples from her" Bucky said with a sigh, watching her scream and squirm while Bruce shoved a massive needle directly into her hip bone was something he never wanted her to endure.

"Sir I heard her screaming" Peter argued.

"I did too, kid. I was there, it was only Bruce doing an exam and taking samples. She's okay" Bucky admitted, flopping down on the couch with a thud.

"I'm sorry, sir, I'll go now" Peter said in a defeated tone with a sigh as he walked to the elevator and left. Bucky went back to the bedroom and slid into bed with Theo, holding her closely while she napped. He was still awake when his alarm went off but he left her to sleep, giving her the shot in her butt and gently massaging the area.

Theo groaned and gripped onto Bucky tighter. "No more needles" she pleaded but hadn't opened her eyes yet.

"I'm sorry, Doll, I wasn't trying to hurt you. I just want to help you" Bucky sighed, he hadn't thought of that, he just needed her to sleep. "I know, baby. I trust you. I just need a break from needles for a few days please" Theo admitted as she sat up.

"Only while you sleep" Bucky added, rubbing her back lightly. Theo sighed heavily and leaned her back against Bucky's chest. "Fine"

The two sat in each other's arms for a while until they heard a gentle knock on the door followed by Christian coming in with a big smile and dinner on the cart.

"Prețiosul meu ((My precious in Romanian)) I heard you had a rough day, I suggest dinner in bed" he said sweetly.

"I'd prefer the balcony" Theo admitted, leaning her head back onto Bucky's chest.

"Very well, darling. I will set everything on the bistro table" Christian said with a warm smile as he set their small table for dinner.

"Thank you, Christian" Bucky said, his grip remained on Theo while he stood up with her in his arms and brought her out to the small table, placing her in the chair before taking the chair across from her. Christian gave Theo a gentle kiss on the forehead and left quietly.

The two ate in comfortable silence, Bucky had moved his chair to be next to her and she happily leaned onto him while they ate. Bucky had his arm around her waist, resting it on her hip as he gently massaged it.

"Thank you, Buck" Theo mumbled, closing her eyes for a moment to enjoy him massaging her sore hip.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that" Bucky admitted with a gentle kiss to her forehead. When their meal was done he lifted Theo and placed her on the swing while he cleaned up dinner and put everything on the cart to take back later. He quickly joined her on the swing, wrapping her up in his arms.

The two spent the rest of the evening on the swing. Theo fell asleep in his arms as usual, Bucky carefully carried her to bed and climbed in with her. He watched Netflix on mute with subtitles for a few hours before finally passing out with Theo happily sleeping on him.

Theo woke up the next morning wrapped up in Bucky's arms as always. She adjusted her head to admire his beautiful sleeping face. He looked so peaceful, no tension in his face, no worry. Without a doubt he was the most beautiful man she'd ever seen.

"It's not polite to stare" Bucky joked in his adorable sleepy voice, his grip on Theo slightly tightened.

"Can you blame me?" Theo chuckled, kissing his bare chest. "We gotta get up, baby. We gotta be in the gym in an hour"

The Other Stark - Bucky Barnes x OC RomanceOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara