NEW Chapter 2

Theo was in her room doing her homework when she heard a faint knock at the door. She got up and opened it, seeing Steve standing nervously on the other side so she stepped aside to let him in.

"Are you alright?" Theo asked, noting how nervous he looked, something must have been wrong.

"I just wanted to ask you about something." Steve admitted.

Theo panicked, figuring she was in trouble for something, she had snuck to the kitchen last night and ended up binging on an entire pint of ice cream while sitting on the kitchen island.

"If this is about last night, I'm sorry." Theo blurted out.

"No. Wait. What did you do last night?" Steve raised an eyebrow at her.

"Not important, what's wrong?" Theo asked nervously.

Steve simply handed her a folder. Theo carefully opened it, not really understanding what it was until she read the title. It was an adoption form.

"You want to adopt me?" Theo said shyly. Steve simply nodded. "I love you, Theo." He admitted. Theo hopped up and practically jumped on Steve, wrapping her arms around his neck tightly.

"Is that a yes?" He asked nervously.

"Yes!" Theo said through tears, still tightly clutching onto Steve.

"So you'd no longer be Theodora Baciu. You'd be Theodora Rogers. Is that okay with you?" He asked.

"More than okay, I love you." Theo promised, tightening her grip on Steve even more. She felt his grip on her tighten as well.

"I love you too." Steve promised. "So what did you do last night?" Steve asked after a minute.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Theo joked, finally releasing her grip on him.

"Should I go ask Peter what you did?" Steve asked with a small laugh, keeping his arms around Theo.

"Peter is sworn to secrecy." Theo joked, leaning her head against him.

"I have my ways." Steve teased, Theo rolled her eyes and smacked his chest. "No need, dad. I didn't do anything bad." Theo admitted.

"Is it about the ice cream? Christian told me." Steve saidbwith a small laugh.

"Dammit. Snitch." Theo joked. "Language, sugar." Steve said, kissing her forehead.

--

"Hey dad." Theo said proudly as she stepped into the gym.

"Morning, sugar. You're late." Steve teased as he rushed to the door to hug her, he picked her up and carried her into the ring.

"We're the only ones here. I think we're early." Theo argued playfully.

"I like when we're early." Steve said with a shrug. The two sparred for a while until everyone else started to fill the gym. Theo decided to try out the move Nat had been teaching her, when Steve went to swing a punch she latched onto his arm and used it to pull herself up onto his shoulders, wrapping her legs around his neck before jerking and forcing him back, falling onto the mat with a rough thud, Theo landing under him.

"You have to twist to land on top, Sugar, otherwise you're trapped under your attacker." Steve pointed out as he hopped up and pulled Theo up with him.

"I just learned yesterday." Theo admitted with a shrug, already feeling it in her back and shoulders.

"Maybe you should sit training out today?" Steve suggested, Theo shook her head roughly.