Chapter 3

It's been 4 years since Theodora was rescued by The Avengers. They discovered she never really passed out during their trips to her parents real-estate properties, she was drugged and experimented on.

Her parents were trying to create a new super soldier serum, one that was less obvious than the one Steve and Bucky were given. Their serum made them large, they grew taller and more buff. It was obvious. Her parents were tasked with creating a serum that was less noticeable but making them more susceptible to commands. Hydra didn't want to have to activate their soldiers like they did with The Winter Soldier.

Her parents had several test subjects over the years, Theodora being their earliest subject. Theodora was given a weak serum, it didn't make her strong but fast. Not up to par with Pietro but she was able to outrun anyone else on the team any day. Tony made her get tested in the lab and they determined that while Pietro could easily run at 2000 miles per second Theodora could run 2 miles per second.

She had been given the ability at the age of 9, but was given strong medications her entire life to suppress the ability. Her parents were ashamed to admit to Hydra they they failed, they wanted to make her their new assassin but were embarrassed when she had no strength beyond that of a normal person. They were killed when Hydra finally caught wind that she was given the serum at a young age, she was supposed to be saved for the serum to be perfected.

Theo has been living at the compound ever since, she joined the team and was made to train with everyone. They made her strong, they made her learn to fight and shoot. Tony took her under his wing and legally adopted her with Steve. They were legally her dad's and she viewed them as such. She even lived on Tony's personal floor so she was always close by.

3 months ago on her 19th birthday Tony announced she was getting her own penthouse at the compound, Tony was the top floor but the entire floor below him was made into her home. It had 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and everything else a home could want or need. It was bigger than the entire local grocery store back home in Romania.

Her bedroom was massive. As soon as you walked in you could see the balcony doors leading out to a large private balcony. She had a beautiful hanging swing lined with comfortable cushions and a beautiful glass bistro table for enjoying meals alone.

On the left wall was her bed, it was bigger than a king sized somehow, big enough to get lost in. She had large bedside tables on both sides with beautiful vases of flowers on each one. Across from the bed on the right wall was a large fireplace below the TV. The room was beautiful and a gorgeous Sage green covered the walls. It looked like something you'd see a beautiful witch in the forest live in.

The living room had several large couches and a massive TV above another fireplace. She had a reading nook built into a large bay window across the room, lined with pillows.

One of the bedrooms was turned into a beautiful library for her books, she loved to read. She had a large collection of first editions from Tony. He really spoiled her. The library had comfortable chairs all throughout.

A second room was turned into a room for yoga, of course the compound had its own gym but she was embarrassed telling the team she liked yoga. She got plenty of exercise training with the team but yoga was relaxing. She could turn on some music and disappear for a while.

The third bedroom was simply a guest bedroom, Tony said it was for friends of hers to come stay but she never invited friends over. She felt weird enough telling anyone that Tony Stark and Steve Rogers were her dads. She felt closer to Tony and Steve than she ever felt to her real parents, even before she found out they used her she always felt distant from them.

She had hoped learning about who her parents really were would stop her from seeing them dead in her dreams, but it wasn't. Most nights she saw their bodies, some nights she saw their disfigured bodies walking towards her. Telling her that if she was a better soldier they would still be alive. She woke up most nights gasping for air and covered in sweat.