Chapter 25

Theo woke up to the now familiar feeling all over her body, needles. Hot needles being jammed into her skin. She winced in pain and tried to shift her body to be comfortable again. She was straddling Bucky with her chest pressed against his and her face laying on his left shoulder, her favorite pillow.

Bucky felt her shifting and started rubbing her back softly with one hand, her thigh with the other. "You okay, doll?" He whispered in her ear.

Theo sighed heavily before giving up trying to get rid of this feeling, reminding herself to enjoy this moment with the love of her life. "I'm sorry I woke you up"

"I can't sleep knowing you need me" he admits, kissing her temple. He reached across the bed to the nightstand, grabbing the nerve pills and a bottle of water. "These helped, right?"

"Yes, they just must have worn off" she said, starting to attempt to shift into a comfortable position again but she gave up and sat straight up, still straddling his waist.

"I will make sure from now on I wake up when your next dose is due" he said, moving his hands to rub both of her thighs. "That way you never have to wake up like this again, I've got you doll"

Theo smiled down at him, happily taking the medicine. "I can't ask you to wake up all night to dose me with medicine" she joked, resting her hands on his chest after sitting the water on the nightstand.

"And I cant sleep knowing you're in pain, I will be waking you up every time a dose is due."

The bedroom door opening pulled them both out of their moment. They turned their heads to see a smiling Chrisrian and a disappointed Bruce.

"I told you six weeks, you have two more to go" he huffed. Christian gave him a gentle elbow to the arm.

"Bruce don't you think I'd be wearing less if that was the plan?" Theo joked. But then she realized she was only wearing one of Bucky's oversized shirts. "Okay, not me, I can't take much more off, but he wouldn't still be in boxers" she said with a laugh.

Bruce shook his head, he knew Theo too well. "I just came to see your back and ask how the nerve medicine is helping"

Without another thought Theo pulled the shirt over her head, holding it against her chest to cover herself from Bruce and Christian. Bruce examined her back, only touching a few spots but mostly only looking.

" Prețiosul meu ((My precious in Romanian))" Christian said in a sad tone. He hadn't seen her back yet, he was only told the electricity Thor used to kill those men shocked her.

"It's okay, Christian, now I look like a badass" she joked.

"You always looked like a badass. You're a Rogers, and a Stark. Doesn't get any more badass than that" Bruce laughed.

"I don't know, Barnes would be pretty badass" Christian joked. Theo felt her cheeks turn red hot, Bucky just smiled up at her and rubbed her thighs lightly.

Bruce quickly changed the subject "Is that medicine working for the nerves?"

"Yes, but it wears off too fast. I woke up in agony this morning" she felt bad saying it, she knew Bucky would feel bad about not waking her up before she got to that point.

"I can either try another medicine that can last longer or I can add a shot of the same medicine that would kick in faster?" Bruce suggested.

"Would I be able to give her that while she slept? So she could sleep soundly?" Bucky added, leaning to the side to make eye contact with Bruce. Bruce agreed that was a wonderful idea and left to grab a shot version of the medicine.