Chapter 15

Theo woke up to Bucky sweating and thrashing under her, she quickly sat up and put her hands flat on his chest, shaking his gently. "James" she said with a soft tone, trying not to stardle him out of his nightmare.

When he didn't wake up she straddled his lap and gently tapped his face as one hand laid flat on his chest "James" she said much louder, finally waking him up. He sat straight up, steadying himself with his vibranium arm as he panted. He looked at her with a worried expression but she simply smiled softly and rubbed his cheek with her thumb.

"We can talk about it if you'd like" she offered, moving to put both hands on his face, cupping his cheeks.

He shook his head no and wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her close. The two hugged for a while as he calmed down, finally kissing her neck when he felt calm.

"I'm sorry I woke you" he said as be buried his face in her neck, taking in her beautiful scent.

"I wasn't sleeping" she quickly lied, reaching around to rub his muscular back gently.

Bucky let out a soft chuckle and pulled back from her, giving her a quick kiss. "Whatever you say, doll"

"Okay, maybe I was. But you're more important" she admitted with a smile.

Bucky didn't respond but gently pulled her into his chest while laying them both back down. She snuggled up to him, her legs still on each side of his torso and quickly fell asleep to the sound of his soft snore.

Theo woke up to Christian sneaking in their breakfast and smiling at her brightly. She was still straddling Bucky, her torso pressed tightly against his and her head resting on his left shoulder where the metal and flesh met. His arms were tightly around her waist as if he was worried she would float away if he let go.

"I will send your hot chocolate to your room at bedtime, Prețiosul meu ((My precious in Romanian)) but you have a date tonight so I will not see you at lunch or dinner" Christian whispered to her before disappearing out of the room.

Theo smiled, remembering Bucky promised her a date today since they were heading to Clints for the day tomorrow. She kissed his shoulder right at the beautiful melted blend of flesh and metal, smiling at the sight of the most beautiful man she's ever seen.

Bucky stirred and kissed her temple "Did you sleep well, doll?" He asked quietly as he started to rub her back.

"Very well, thank you" she admitted as she pulled back to stare into his eyes.

"I always sleep better when you're here" she said with a big smile, leaning down to kiss him on the lips.

"Like I said, I'm here until you tell me to go" he smiled and kissed her again.

"Move into the penthouse" she blurted out quickly. They'd only been together a week and hadn't even slept together yet but she couldn't imagine ever spending a night apart again.

Bucky sat up, still holding onto her tightly with his flesh arm as his vibranium arm pulled them into a sitting position. "Are you sure about that?" He asked softly. He wanted her to be sure and be comfortable with him. He also felt guilty that they'd shared a bed for a week but hadn't taken her on a proper date yet.

Theo nodded happily "Only if you're comfortable, but I already dread any nights we don't spend together" she admitted, leaning her forehead against his.

"Then I will move my things Monday" he said with a smile, closing his eyes to enjoy the moment.

"I will have the staff move it today if you're comfortable" she offered, that's what the staff was for. They did the cleaning and the laundry as well as anything the team could need of them. Of course the rest of the team ignored them but Theo had taken the time to get to know all three of them. A wonderful Romanian woman named Claudia, Tony hired her when Theo came in case Theo ever needed help with her English and to make her feel at home. A man named Chad, he was a cheery gay man with the sweetest husband she'd ever met named John. And also a woman named Jennifer, she was newer and started during the blip but Theo made sure to get to know her as much as possible over the week, she was a sweet woman, no husband and no kids but a beautiful German Sheppard named Midnight. Theo was excited for the anticipation of Jennifer finally bringing Midnight to the compound.

"Of course, I forgot about the staff. I don't see them often" he admitted, he watched her interact with them but they seemed to ignore the rest of the team beyond their duties.

"I will ask them if they're willing in their spare time today. I'm sure they won't mind, Chad has been enjoying the overtime anyway, he's saving up to take John to Paris but he won't let me fund the trip" she said with a pout.

Bucky chuckled and rubbed her back lightly "You can't take care of everyone" he said softly. The two shared their embrace for a while before moving onto the bistro table on the balcony for their breakfast. It was starting to stay cold during the day and Theo was so excited for when winter finally hit. She loved sleeping with the balcony open, freezing her while the fireplace kept her warm. She'd snuggle tightly under extra blankets, she used to cling to Steve or Tony tighter during the cold nights but now she was excited to get to curl up with Bucky. She couldn't help but think about them making love in the dark with only the fireplace cracking in the background.

Bucky snapped her out of her thoughts by reaching across the table and holding her hand "You awake over there, doll?"

"Yeah, sorry. Lost in thought" she admitted as she sipped her coffee. "So when is our date? What should I wear?" She said after finally abandoning her fantasy.

"Well leave before lunch if that's alright and you should wear what you're comfortable in" he said with a smile.

"Well what are you wearing? I have a little work to do in the lab anyway so once breakfast is done I'll head down" she said with a smile.

"Jeans" was all he said. She rolled her eyes and laughed.

When breakfast was done the two made their lengthy goodbyes, Bucky off to hang out with Sam for a little bit. Sam was practicing with the shield outside.

Theo stepped into the lab with a much clearer head than usual, the stress of everything was lifting and she was starting to realize she hadn't cried for Tony and Steve in days. But she pushed the thought away, determined to get a little work done before she had to get ready for her date.

Theo found a few small Hydra bases and made a detailed report, intending to bring the team Monday to take the bases down. She also found reports in Austrailia of possible alien activity but when she scanned the satellite footage she saw it was merely one of Wakanda's jets. She made a quick call to T'Challa to make sure nothing was wrong that caused him to pass through Austrailia and luckily it was simply their route home from a UN meeting. The two chatted for a few minutes, he sent his condolences about Tony and Steve and she thanked them again for their help in Wakanda with Vision and at the final battle. When Theo realized she only had an hour before she had to leave she promptly apologized to T'Challa before having to get off the call.

Theo took a quick shower, straightening her short black hair and put on light makeup. She put on a pair of tight distressed light wash skinny jeans and a small black leather ankle boot. She tried on several tops before deciding on a scooped neck red wine colored t-shirt and a thin black jacket over top. When she stepped out of the closet Bucky was standing in the doorway smiling. He had on black jeans and a dark blue Henley with his leather jacket and black boots.

"You look great" she smiled as she walked over to him and wrapped her arms around his torso. He smiled down at her and kissed her softly. "You look better"