Chapter 11

Bucky led Theo to the garage and handed her the helmet that was laying gently on the seat of his bike. Steve knew bringing him home from Wakanda that he would want a motorcycle so he made sure he had one waiting for Bucky. Theo smiled and slipped it on quickly.

When Bucky climbed on the bike he held it up and helped her on with a big smile on his face. Of course he wanted to get her away from all the noise but he also wanted to spend time alone with her.

"Where are we going?" Theo asked as she leaned forward and whispered it in his ear.

"Well find out when we get there" Bucky joked as he sped off.

The two rode around for hours with no destination in mind, just enjoying the ride and enjoying each other's company. Theo had her arms tightly around him with her hands flat on his stomach. She stared at the world passing them by with a big smile on her face, it felt like the weight of the world was off her shoulders for a while.

Theo was sad when she realized it was time to head back, if they didn't they would miss supper. While she would've preferred to miss it and spend her evening with Bucky she again felt obligated to the team to show up for them always.

When they reached the compound she felt the weight back on her shoulders and her mind started to feel heavy again.

"You know, you don't always have to put them first?" Bucky said, leaning against his bike and pulling her into a tight hug.

"I just don't want to let them down. I feel like I'm expected to replace Steve and Tony. I don't know how to do it" she sighed heavily with her head buried into his muscular chest.

"You can't replace them, they know that. But you can't put all this pressure on yourself, it's not good for you" he said, resting his chin on the top of her head.

Theo didn't say anything but silently sobbed into his chest while he rubbed her back.

"Just do the best you can, Sam and I are here to help you whenever you need us okay?" Bucky said as he kissed the top of her head.

Theo nodded and finally looked up at him. "I got your shirt wet" she said with a sad chuckle.

"It looks better that way" he joked, kissing her forehead.

The two finally headed to supper together, Bucky sitting next to her and pulling her closely. She felt strange that Clint was sitting next to her instead of Peter but assumed Clint just missed her since he was here for the blip to miss her while Peter had disappeared like she did.

The group didn't mention any shop talk, they just casually chatted about their families and weekend plans as they ate. Theo helped Christian clean up dinner and Christian sent Bucky upstairs with a thermos full of hot chocolate for Theo for later.

"Buck?" Theo said softly on their way up to the penthouse.

"Yes, doll?" He said calmly, wrapping his arm around her waist.

"I'm gonna go talk to Peter if you're okay with that?" She asked quietly. Bucky looked down at her confused but then smiled.

"Of course, do what you need to do, I'll read on the balcony if that's okay with you" he smiled at her.

"I was hoping you'd be there when I got back, I didnt want to have to beg you to stay the night again" she said with a cheeky smile before standing on the tips of her toes to give him a kiss.

Bucky pulled her close and leaned down to relieve her stance, deepening the kiss a little. "You go, I'll be waiting for you" he said as he tucked a stray hair behind her ear.