EPILOGUE

Ryujin sits on a bench at the park, watching Julia and her six years old playing around the grass field.

"Josh! We have ice cream!" Ryujin called them both.

Joshua runs towards Ryujin with a ball on his hands. Julia follows him with a bottle of milk for the boy.

"aunt Yeji." Joshua shoved his ice cream cone towards her. "eat a little."

Ryujin stifles a laugh at Joshua's cuteness. Yeji licks the top of the ice cream and smiles at Joshua.

"thank you." she said.

"I think we should go. I promised Mrs. Kwon that we'll visit." Ryujin informed Yeji. She then looks at Julia. "take care of him well. If you need anything, you can call me." she stands up, followed by Yeji.

"thank you, Shin."

-

"you finally brought her here." Winter greeted them after showing up at the garage. "he's waiting. Get on the track." She gave Ryujin her key.

"wish me luck." Ryujin plants a kiss on Yeji's cheek. She then walks away towards her car.

Winter and Yeji walks behind her, stopping at the side of the track.

"she doesn't need that from anyone. She'll always win." Winter stifles a laugh.

"this is my first time watching her race." Yeji purses her lips. "I'm kinda nervous."

"don't be."

When the race ends, Ryujin shows off some of her drifting skills, drifting in circles in the middle of the track.

"oh, she's such a show off." Winter chuckles. "she's trying to impress you."

"I can't say that I'm not impressed. I didn't know she can do that." Yeji smiles at the sight.

"hey! Hop on in!" Ryujin called Yeji.

"wish me luck."

-

Instead of going to the bar, Ryujin found a new hobby which is playing games with Yujin, sometimes alone.

"Ryu..." Yeji sits on her lap, facing her. "is it okay if I don't want kids?"

"do you think I want one?" Ryujin scoffed, her eyes are glued to the TV. "I don't mind, Yeji. You're enough."

"then, how about a pet?" Yeji suggested. "I want a dog."

"no. they're noisy."

"we'll get a small one." Yeji pouts.

"it's even worse." Ryujin furrowed her eyebrows. "we'll get a fish."

"what? no way."

"a cat?" Ryujin suggested.

"I want a dog."

-

"Luca!" Yeji runs inside Ryujin's room.

"do you really need all these things for that little thing?" Ryujin sighs, carrying bags of toys and drops it beside the couch.

"don't be like that. you have to admit he's cute." Yeji walks towards Ryujin with a little brown dog on her arms.

"oh hey, Loki." Ryujin greets her black cat. He climbs on Ryujin's lap, curling into a ball of fur.

"I love Loki. I don't discriminate." Yeji shrugs. "Luca loves him too."

"yeah, whatever makes you happy."

-

Yeji comes home from a tiring day of work. She takes off her heels and goes straight to sit on the couch. Yeji noticed that the only one on sight is Loki chilling on his cat condo. She then walks towards Ryujin's room opening it up slowly to make minimal sounds. Yeji melts instantly when she sees Ryujin sleeping with Luca on her arm. The best art is, the two are covered with a blanket.

"woof!" Luca barks excitedly as soon as he sees Yeji.

Ryujin wakes up immediately getting shocked at the sound.

"hell..." Ryujin then faced the other way, resuming her sleep.

"baby..." Yeji walked to Ryujin's side. "let's have dinner after this, okay?" she plants a kiss on her head.

"happy birthday."

Yeji looks back at her on her way to the bathroom. She noticed that Ryujin is still sleeping. she can only respond with a smile.

-

Ryujin decided to give a surprise to Yeji. She bought a private medium sized luxury yacht for them to cruise and have a much needed vacation. Plus, she hired a skipper to take care of driving.

"open your eyes." Ryujin stands behind Yeji, guiding her way.

Yeji's jaw drops when she sees the yacht. She walks closer to it, grabbing Ryujin's hand.

"when did you buy this?" Yeji stops at the entrance.

"doesn't matter. Get in." Ryujin follows her inside. "I wanna have a nice new year this time."

-

Ryujin leans on the yacht's railing, a glass of wine in her hand as she watches the city lights from far away.

"I can't wait!" Yeji shows up beside her. "three minutes."

"I'm glad I can finally settle down. thank you, Yeji." Ryujin looks at her. she then takes her hand, holding it dearly.

"I almost regret things with you. I'm happy that you can prove yourself." Yeji looks back up at her as well. "now, I'm happy to be where I am."

Ryujin turns her body fully towards Yeji, putting down her glass before taking her other hand.

"I'm happy to be with you. I'm grateful to have you in my life. you've helped me with a lot of things as well." Ryujin steps closer. "I want you to stay with me forever. I don't think I can live my life without you. I promise I will be a better person in the future."

"I didn't think that you can be romantic." Yeji stifles a laugh as she steps forward, closing the gap between them.

"don't ever leave me, Yeji." Ryujin rests her head on Yeji's shoulder.

"I won't."

Ryujin then grabs her chin, tilting it upwards. She leans in, catching her pair of lips, hoping that will express all her feelings towards Yeji. Just then, the fireworks explodes on the night sky, indicating that the year has ended.

The two pulls away, looking up at the festive sounds of fireworks and trumpets from the city. With that said, they're ready to start a new chapter of their life. 

-FIN-