CHAPTER 38

Ryujin is waiting for Julia at the hospital. Still, half-heartedly. Though, she's looking forward to see the baby. Maybe, she can determine things just from his looks.

"how long do I have to wait?" Ryujin asked one of the nurses.

"approximately two to three hours, ma'am."

Ryujin sighs. She looks at Julia's belly, having mixed feelings about it. This will be her turning point, the moment of truth.

"get out baby boy. I wanna know who's your father." Ryujin pokes the belly a few times.

"Shin..." Julia called with her sad voice. "I'm scared."

"believe me, I am too." Ryujin lowers her head.

"I'm sorry that you have to go through this." Julia reaches for Ryujin's cheek, caressing it gently.

"whatever happens, we both have to be responsible."

-

Ryujin can only hear screaming and shouting from Julia's room. the labor has been going for almost an hour and Ryujin can't handle those sounds. She covers her ear, bouncing her leg rapidly.

"Mrs. Shin?"

Ryujin looks up as soon as she felt a tap on her shoulder. She stands up, quickly checks the baby. Her heart breaks into million pieces. The boy has a light brown hair, fair skin, almost translucent, and a pointy nose. Her arms trembles, as if she's about to drop the baby.

"ma'am. Be careful." The nurse thought that Ryujin isn't ready. She gently take the baby back. "your partner needs some time to rest. We'll move her to another room."

Ryujin looks at Julia through the glass. Seeing that she's passed out, Ryujin controls her feelings for now. instead of waiting at this hospital, Ryujin decided to just go home.

-

Chaeryeong heard the door opened, revealing Ryujin only. She thought that Ryujin will go back to the hospital after a short time.

"how's she? She stays in the hospital?" Chaeryeong asked.

"It's not mine." Ryujin sits beside her assistant. "I knew it!" she goes mad, but tears managed to escape her eyes.

"calm down. you must be shocked. Calm down, okay? don't do something impulsive." Chaeryeong pulls her in for a hug. "we'll figure this out."

"I've done enough for her. I don't want to have anything with her anymore."

"so, you won't go back to the hospital?" Chaeryeong pulled away.

"I will tomorrow. For the last time, I hope."

-

Yeji heard the news. It came from Winter, then she told Karina about it, and Karina decided to tell Yeji just for the sake of 'gossiping'. Yeji doesn't know how to respond to that news. No one knows who's the father or mother of the baby.

"I hope it's hers." Yeji can only say that much.

"can you imagine how tragic it will be if Shin ended up taking care of someone else's child?" Karina stirs up the story. "that girl is lucky."

"there's always two sides of the story." Yeji responded.

"but she's too much for using Shin like that." Karina get pissed off as well. "I can't even imagine how disappointed she'll be."

"let's not talk about that any further. It's their problem, okay?" Yeji sighs, stifling a little laugh.

Meanwhile, Ryujin sits at another side of the bar, thinking of what to do to Julia. The fact that she pities the girl, suppresses her anger towards her. things are starting to come together. Julia must've done it with another guy before she used Ryujin to be responsible for the baby.

Each time Ryujin noticed a brown haired guy, a picture of the baby comes up in her head. she almost fall for both Julia and the baby. But then it turned out like this and she feels betrayed. There's no way she can take care of something that's not her responsibility.

As she keeps drinking, Shin's eyes finally landed on Yeji. The feeling of embarrassment and regret disturbs her. he should've gone for her sooner instead of wasting her time playing around.

Ryu: can you check on Julia?

Chaeryeong: at this hour?

Ryu: please?

Chaeryeong: okay

Ryujin is more worried about Julia's mental condition that'll affect the baby. She knows that she's wrong, neglecting Julia in this state is too careless. Nevertheless, Ryujin can't accept Julia and the baby. Her plan to just 'kick her out' is certain.