CHAPTER 42

Ryujin is waiting Yeji to get off work. She said that she'll come out soon so she waits for her in the lobby.

"hi." Yeji shows up. "where are we going today?"

"test drive." Ryujin stands up. she holds up a car key in front of Yeji's face.

"for me?" Yeji's eyes widened. "you're kidding?" she grabs the key excitedly.

"it's yours." Ryujin smiles at her.

"thanks!" Yeji hurriedly walks outside, followed by Ryujin. She presses the button, looing for her car.

"that white one." Ryujin leads her.

"I don't even know if I can drive anymore."

The two get in the car. Yeji noticed that it's automatic so it should be easier for her.

"drive slowly." Ryujin said, watching Yeji gets excited. "do you like it?"

"I love it! you're the best!" Yeji moves to hug Ryujin. "I know what you're trying to do."

"yeah? What's that?" Ryujin smirks.

"you want me to fall for you." Yeji reached for her cheeks. "congrats. I almost tripped over."

"this car is a bonus. You haven't seen anything."

-

Ryujin found Yeji in the kitchen, preparing some food that she ordered earlier.

"what will we have today?" Ryujin greeted as she hugs her from behind. She then rests her head on Yeji's shoulder.

"it's your favorite. I ordered from Mrs. Kwon's restaurant." Yeji smiles at her. "have a seat."

"I'm still sleepy." Ryujin snuggles on her neck.

"you've been sleeping all day, Shin." Yeji chuckles. "let's eat first."

"have you done all these with your past flings?" Ryujin suddenly asked.

"we've done things with no strings attached." Yeji turns around. "so... you better give me something more."

Ryujin rolls her eyes, not taking her seriously. She then gets out of Yeji's way and walks towards the dining table.

"I suppose you like something romantic." Ryujin stated. "just to let you know, you won't get that from me."

"it depends on what you think about romantic." Yeji responded. "I won't demand you anything. this is all your doing."

"I know." Ryujin then starts eating with her.

-

Ryujin wakes up in the middle of the night. Seems like she forgot to set her phone on silent.

*38 missed calls*

Ryujin checks her messages. Karina, Winter, and Yujin texted her dozen times.

Winter: can you come to this place? Yujin just got into an accident

Karina: can you pick up the call please

Yujin: I'm on my way to your place

Yujin: I can't stand this anymore

Yujin: we've been friends for as long I can remember

Yujin: please forgive me

Ryujin's eyes widened. She wakes up immediately, putting on some casual clothes.

"where are you going?" Yeji got interrupted by Ryujin's activity.

"Yujin got into an accident." Ryujin then calls Winter.

"she what?" Yeji gathered her last soul trying to comprehend what Ryujin said.

"it's okay. I'll take care of this." Ryujin moves towards her and pecks her cheek. "go back to sleep."

-

Ryujin parks her car not car from the scene. She hurriedly walks over to Winter and Karina. Ryujin noticed a taxi and Yujin's car crashed on the side of the road.

"what happened?" Ryujin is still panting. She sees that Yujin is already in the ambulance.

"she's drunk." Winter sighs. "she tried to call you but failed. Maybe that's why she called me."

"she's still stupid." Ryujin then walks over to the ambulance where Yujin's at. She steps in to the ambulance, seeing Yujin still crying.

"Ryujin!" Yujin cries louder while the paramedics are taking care of her.

"you're embarrassing me." Ryujin folds her arms. "why are you doing this?"

"I- I missed you." Yujin shyly stated. "it's not fun without you. I have no one to talk to as well." She paused, clearing her throat. "can we be friends again?"

"see you at the hospital. You're being dramatic." Ryujin sighs as she walks out of the ambulance.

Ryujin walks over to Winter and Karina who's busy talking to each other.

"how's she?" Winter asked.

"she's alright. I'm gonna go." Ryujin takes out her car-key. "oh, tell me the name of the hospital. I'll visit tomorrow."

"you're serious?" Winter raised an eyebrow. "she almost died. Give her a little attention."

"I came here, in the middle of my peaceful sleep, with my favorite girl, and you told me to give her a little attention? I won't give a damn about her." Ryujin walks away.

"what happened between them?" Karina asked her girlfriend.

"I don't know. Yujin must've done something to make her mad like that."