CHAPTER 19

Yeji finally noticed the bruise on Ryujin's head that's been covered by her hair. There are some on her forearms and knuckles. She wonders where else the bruises are.

"what are you looking for?" Ryujin noticed Yeji looking at her up and down.

"your bruises."

Ryujin stifles a laugh. She then stands up and grabs her phone.

"at least you can sleep with no worries. You can check out tomorrow afternoon." Ryujin said as she grabs her jacket.

"why are you doing this? all those things back then too. do you need something from me?" Yeji got frustrated.

"if you want me to stop, I won't bother you anymore. You can thank me at this point, but looks like you have trust issues." Ryujin shrugs. "can't do anything about it."

"fine." Yeji quickly lay on her side, looking away from Ryujin while getting sulky. "you're gonna leave, anyway. Like you always do."

"I have work to do. it's not like my life only consists of girls and alcohol."

-

Ryujin realized she forgot something from Yujin. The cars. So, at this dawn, Ryujin comes back again to her apartment.

"w-what do you want?" Yujin asked as soon as she opened the door.

"keys." Ryujin extended her hand.

Yujin has casts on her arm and leg, making it hard to move. Ryujin noticed a lot of beer and wine bottles scattered on the living area.

"Tesla." Ryujin said sternly after Yujin gave her the Audi keys.

"really, Shin?" Yujin sighs. That's the only Tesla she got. She gives up and just get Ryujin what she wants.

"nice." Ryujin plays with the keys and just leave.

-

Arriving at her apartment, Ryujin sits on her bed, taking off her clothes. She can see the bruises getting visible on her abdomen area, sides, and her arms. The side of her lips is starts to swell as well.

Ryujin goes to the kitchen and grab a few ice packs. She lays on her bed, placing the packs on her bruises. When she said it doesn't hurt, of course, she lied.

"she's right. why would I do all that?" Ryujin sighs, holding the aching on her body. "maybe this is the only way I can pay for my mistakes."

Ryujin closes her eyes, thinking about her mother. she's only seven years old, stood in front of her parents. Her father was slapping her mother while saying dirty things to her.

At that time, Ryujin can only cry. She really wanted to help but her father was big and strong, he could throw her across the room in one attempt. Ryujin walked backwards, getting scared of her father.

"go to your room. this is adult problems." Her father glared at her.

Last thing she remembered, she has to choose between the two parents. Thankfully, Jinyoung is on her and her mother's side. Jinyoung tried his best to help Ryujin, to raise her. at last, her father found a new girl and left Ryujin to Jinyoung.

"I hate you so much." Ryujin opens her eyes. "I hope I don't turn out like you."

-

Yeji wakes up with a strong headache. Remembering she's not home, there's no meds or food she can take. After looking around, she found a bag and a note beside it.

Since you don't want to be disturbed, I'm just going to leave these here.

Yeji instantly knows that this is from Ryujin. She checks the bag and found a breakfast bento and a medicine. Well, at least she can have a free stay at a nice hotel.

Yeji decided to contact Karina to talk about this. maybe she can give her a new insight.

"hey, you know what?" Yeji said as soon as she heard Karina's voice.

"what?"

"Shin booked me a hotel suite." Yeji walks towards the balcony. "she sent me food as well."

"oh, cool. Are you guys dating?"

"what? no! of course, not." Yeji furrowed her eyebrows. "maybe she doesn't know how to spend her money aside from drinking."

"really? I'm with her now. with Winter too, of course. you wanna say something?"

"oh my god, Karina." Yeji mentally slaps herself. "can you shut up?" Yeji whines.

"I thought you guys are close. Sorry."

"oh please. she probably think I only want her money. Which is tempting, but I can make my own." Yeji rolled her eyes.

"but technically all your money comes from her after your affiliation."

"I'm just gonna hang up."

-

Ryujin walks in to Jinyoung's office. Not only him, she noticed another girl.

"what's with the sunglasses?" Jinyoung reaches for it but Ryujin slaps his hand away. "you bad kid." Jinyoung stifles a laugh when noticing the bruise.

"who's she?" Ryujin asked, sitting down on the couch.

"she's your new assistant. I hope you can get along." Jinyoung smiles.

"I'm Lee Chaeryeong. Nice to meet you." she extended her hand

Ryujin doesn't bother to take it. She smiles a little to her. a pretty girl with a nice body as her assistant, she's sure that'll bring some advantages.

"I forgot to tell you than she came from my company in Korea and she got here earlier than I expected. Can you get her a place to live?" Jinyoung asked.

"my apartment got two**- bedrooms." Ryujin shrugs.

"I can look for my own place, sir. It's okay." Chaeryeong smiles, politely refused. "I can stay in that motel for a while."

"you have to pay per day. if you live with me, you don't have to do such thing. You're wasting your money." Ryujin chimed in.

"she doesn't like refusal." Jinyoung helps her. "you can move out once you get a place."

"okay." Chaeryeong looks down. "excuse me." Chaeryeong walks in to the assistant's office.

"she seems nice." Ryujin said to Jinyoung.

"test your luck. I want you to have someone in your life. You seem lonely." He jokes around.

"you know very well that I want her for something else."