CHAPTER 1

Just another night at a notorious night club. Colourful lights, loud music, the smell of alcohol and sweats; a little disgusting but, hey, that's the fun part. Not only that, people dancing their drunken mind just makes it even better.

"c'mon! one more shot, Shin!"

Shin Ryujin. One of the people that's a regular in this club along with her friends. She grabs a bottle of whiskey, instead of taking a sip, she decided to chug it.

"damn! You're fucking insane, dude!" Yujin, one of her close friends, pats her back.

"your turn, fucker!" Ryujin roughly grabs Yujin's head, tilting it upwards. "drink up."

Yujin almost choked on herself but managed to finish what's left on the bottle. Everyone on her table is pretty much having fun... and hammered.

"don't you dare throw up on me again." Ryujin warned.

"nope, nope." Yujin then covered her mouth. She then runs to the restroom.

Ryujin tries to chase Yujin through the crowd. She can't even walk straight and everything looks blurry. Not long after, she finds herself leaning on the bar counter.

"good evening, Shin." The bartender greeted the drunk girl. "do you want another shot?"

"shut up, Chris. My head hurts." Ryujin rests her head on the counter.

"have a seat. I'll keep an eye on your friend."

"thanks, dude. You're the best." Ryujin just showed him her thumb.

Chris knows that Ryujin is not the type to be aggressive when she's under the influence. She just gets flirty with girls at the very least. Ryujin closed her eyes for a moment.

"good evening, miss. May I help you?"

Ryujin feels a nudge on her forearm. She knows there's a girl beside her, she just pretends not to know.

"yes. what's the drink for tonight?" the girl responded with a smile.

"get her the drink. It's on me." Ryujin sits up, putting some money on the counter. "have a great night." She added a little smile at the end.

"how nice of you." the girl looks at Ryujin. She noticed that she's pretty drunk.

"see me on the dance floor if you want." Ryujin started flirting with her. she then walks away, still trying to keep her balance.

"looks like she's a regular." The girl commented.

"she is. she's like that almost every day." Chris stifles a laugh.

The girl decided to join Ryujin on the dance floor. Not dancing with her though. Meanwhile, Ryujin is still enjoying her time dancing with some blonde girl with a new drink on her hand.

The girl keeps her eyes on Ryujin, trying to get her attention. Alas, Ryujin is too drunk to focus on anything.

The night passes by just like that.

-

Ryujin opens her eyes, immediately looking at a girl lying beside her. she sits up, massaging her aching head. she then walks towards the bathroom to clean up.

"are you gonna keep sleeping or what?" Ryujin asked the girl. "get out of here. I'm heading out."

Ryujin grabs her jacket that's still on the floor, checking its pockets to look for her phone.

"can I stay for another night?" the girl tried to seduce her.

Ryujin grabs her wallet, taking out a few dollar bills.

"get an uber or something." Ryujin placed it on the bedside table. She then calls someone. "yo! My favorite CEO. How's everything going?" Ryujin puts on her jacket, getting ready to go.

Walking out of her apartment, Ryujin gets into her car and drives to her usual café to cure her hangover.

"okay, I'll visit today. Talk to you later." Ryujin hangs up the call and faces the cashier.

"the usual, miss?" she asked.

"yup. Is Yujin here?"

"she hasn't make any calls today, miss. Your order will be sent to you. have a nice day."

Ryujin reaches to her pocket to grab her card but she feels something else. It's a crumpled paper. She thought it's like a receipt or something. When she opens it, there are a name and a phone number.

"Yeji Hwang?" Ryujin raised an eyebrow.

She quickly finished up her payment and go to an empty seat. Not thinking much, she saves it on her phone.

"holy motherfucker sucking ass bitch."

Ryujin noticed Yujin walking towards her, holding her head with some bruises on her neck and face.

"you good? Ran into a mad bitch?" Ryujin mocks her.

"great sex poor attitude. That suck." Yujin sighs.

Ryujin chuckles, blowing a cup of coffee that just came.

"you?"

"what about me? I always get the best girls." Ryujin bragged. "but a gold digger."

"that works for you, at least." Yujin shrugs. "let's get another one tonight. that last girl destroyed my apartment as well."

"sounds like you got the worst."

-

Ryujin walks in to CEO's office, greeting a man that is actually her uncle.

"uncle Jin to the young!" Ryujin pointed at him with two gun signs. "before anything, the apartment that you got me is awesome!"

"of course, it is." Jinyoung greeted her with a hug. "hey, I'm planning on buying a company. what do you think?"

"why do you need my opinion? Didn't you always ask your advisor?"

"well, it's like an investment. The company is currently not doing well for some reason. I suppose we can buy it and make some improvements." Jinyoung sits back on his chair.

"are we gonna do that now? shouldn't we just invest on bigger companies?"

"what's wrong with being humble? I think it's a good deal."

"I wouldn't do that, though. I'm just gonna let you handle it. You're in this position for a reason, right?"

"it was never meant to be me, Ryu. This is your company." Jinyoung sighs.

"after you."