CHAPTER 16

Ryujin wakes up first, like the other day. she goes down to the apartment's café, buys some coffee and bread for their simple breakfast. After she comes back, she waits for Yeji to wake up at the living area.

"good morning." Ryujin greeted as soon as she heard the bedroom door opened. "I bought some bread."

Yeji lazily sits down and eat the bread.

"I'm going." Ryujin prepares to go after making sure that Yeji eats. "have a good day, Yeji."

Again, Yeji got left dumbfounded. Up until now, she doesn't get the purpose of Ryujin being nice to her. she's still thinking that Ryujin wants something from her.

-

Ryujin checks her phone. there are some texts from Yujin that she doesn't bother to read. She probably wants to hang out or something.

"are you done playing with your phone?" Jinyoung breaks the silence.

"I'm not playing."

"how's the meetings? Did you learn something?" Jinyoung asked since he had sent Ryujin for some small meetings.

"it's okay."

"great. I already thought so." Jinyoung smiles at her. "I already prepared some things for you before taking care of this company. I have a personal assistant for you. If you have other activity aside from this business, to take care of the company while you're away."

"cool."

"is that it? I was working hard to se everything for you. can you at least be grateful and appreciate me?" Jinyoung shakes his head.

"I didn't ask for it. I do appreciate your work." Ryujin smiles at him. "one thing I can give you is a promise that this company will be fine under me."

"I know. but there's a lot you need to know and learn before jumping in."

"internet." Ryujin said while waving her phone. "news and seminar, podcasts, I can learn everything."

"fine. Next year I won't be in this company anymore. I have to go back to Tokyo, to my family and my own company."

"that fast?" Ryujin raised an eyebrow.

"it's fast if you let it slide. So, make sure you get something while I'm here."

-

Yeji decided to go to the bar right after her work. Sitting at her usual spot, Chris greeted her upon seeing her.

"random?" he asked, glancing at Ryujin's spot.

"don't make it too strong." Yeji smiles at him.

"sure." Chris starts making her drink. "looks like you just came from work."

"yeah. It was stressful so I came here before going home." Yeji responded.

"not the best getaway but a fun one." Chris jokes around. "have a great night."

Yeji expects Ryujin to be here. Yeji thought that Ryujin doesn't necessarily need to go to her apartment to see her.

Every time she hear the door opened, she hopes it's Ryujin coming in. it's been almost two hours and Ryujin haven't showed herself in this bar. so, Yeji decided to go home instead.

Walking outside the bar, Yeji noticed Ryujin's car. Looks like she's just arrived. Yeji flinched when Ryujin honks at her.

On the other side, Ryujin giggles looking at Yeji. She then gets out of her car and approaches Yeji.

"what are you doing?" Ryujin stands in front of her.

"I'm going home." Yeji looks up.

"uber?"

"yup."

"alright. I'm going in." Ryujin threw her a sweet smile.

And there, Yeji thought that Ryujin would be the one taking her home. Well, what can you expect from a person that you met at a bar?

"you said you're going in." Yeji looks to the side and see that Ryujin is still there.

"where's your uber?"

"it's supposed to be here in any minute. You can go." Yeji keeps looking around for the car.

"why don't you drive? You can't drive?" Ryujin asked, waiting along with her.

"I can drive. But, I don't want to when I drink." Yeji finally sees her Uber pulling over. "that's the car."

"have a good night, Yeji."