CHAPTER 12

Yeji is already in the meeting room, wating for the Shin's team to arrive. Yeji came earlier than the plan. That's just how she likes to work.

"have you prepared the presentation?" Yeji asked one of her workers.

"yes, miss."

"we got a big help from them. Make sure there's no mistakes." Yeji added while checking the documents.

"we've checked them all, miss. Hopefully we can impress them." One of them responded.

"good."

Shortly after, Shin's team walks in, followed by Ryujin who's coming last. Ryujin sits down first, then the rest followed.

"make it fast. I shouldn't be here." Ryujin silenced her phone and sets it aside.

"okay, then. let's start."

-

When the meeting is done, Ryujin is already satisfied with the presentation. As expected from Yeji's work. Having nothing more she needs from Yeji, Ryujin gets up from her seat, followed by her team.

"thank you for this meeting. I have no comment on this project. I hope this works... for your own good." Ryujin then checks her watch.

One of Ryujin's workers walks outside, and lastly, Ryujin herself. She couldn't really focus on the meeting since the thought of losing from Yujin keeps hurting her pride. No matter how hard she tries to let it go, she really wants to win. This is the same matter as her car race.

"you guys can go first." Ryujin said to her team.

Ryujin turns around, going to Yeji's office. She knocks before going into the room.

"what do you want?" Yeji looks at her.

"I miss you." Ryujin sits on the couch.

"gross." Yeji scoffed. "did you say that you're not supposed to be here?"

"that's true. Is it wrong for me to see you?" Ryujin casually leans back.

"no. but, you have no more business purpose." Yeji focuses on her laptop. "I'm too busy to have a chit chat with you."

"we're having it right now." Ryujin stifles a laugh. "you saw me the other day. why did you avoid me?"

"maybe because I'm not interested." Yeji looks up.

"... or because I hang out with your sister.. and your assistant." Ryujin smirks a little. "wait... Yujin doesn't have a sister."

Yeji stops typing, looks at Ryujin, then focus back on her work.

"you're a pretty little liar." Ryujin stands up. she walks towards her desk and sits on one of the chairs. "I know you don't feel sorry but I already forgive you."

"can you just leave?"

"will I see you tonight?" Ryujin asked, leaning forward. "but Yujin might come too. it'll be fun right?"

Just thinking about Yujin makes her sick. Ryujin thought that they did something but it was nothing more than an assault.

"get out, Shin." Yeji glares at her. "or should I call you, Ryujin?"

She really hated that name, only because her father gave it to her after years of not naming her. her mother can't do much since she lost the custody after filing for divorce. Ryujin holds her anger. She let out a long sigh and stands up.

"okay."

Yeji noticed her change in expression. Anger, sadness, irritated, one or all of the above. Yeji just ignores that.

"I'll see you tonight."

-

Just like another night, Ryujin is chilling on the couch, drinking casually while waiting for Yeji. She's aware that the bet is over but that also means that Ryujin can take her turn to have Yeji.

"sup." Yujin approached the table, sitting beside Ryujin.

"hey." Ryujin slides an empty glass towards her. "have a drink."

"sure, thanks." Yujin pours herself a drink.

"what unit does Yeji live in?" Ryujin suddenly asked.

"why? Don't you want to look for other girls?" Yujin asked back.

"just tell me where it is." Ryujin said then taking a shot. "it's my turn."

"your turn?" Yujin scoffed. "I'll give you a month. if you can get her, you'll get your car back, and my Audi."

"no bets, Yujin. The bet is done." Ryujin stifles a laugh.

"where's the fun in that? I thought you like challenges." Yujin nudged her arm. "c'mon. to boost up your spirit."

"a month, I get my car back, and your Tesla. Audi is getting old." Ryujin looks at her. "this is your deal. I won't give you anything."

"okay." Yujin shrugs. "knowing that I spent more than two months to get her, I'm sure you can get her faster, right?"

Ryujin hums. She then noticed that the entrance door opens up, revealing Yeji walking in alone. She walks towards the bar counter and order her drink.

"there she is." Ryujin then quickly mix up a drink for her. "what's her unit?"

"20th floor, 105."

"okay." Ryujin then gets up and walks towards Yeji with a drink in her hand.

Yeji can feel someone approaching her. the smell is too familiar, she can't think of anyone else but Ryujin. The girl sits beside Yeji, putting the glass on the counter.

"what did you order?" Ryujin looks at Yeji then at Chris. She swirls her drink, telling Chris to take is slow with Yeji's drink.

"I don't have a specific order." Yeji said keeping her phone on her purse.

Ryujin sips her drink, then slides it towards Yeji.

"try this." she offered.

"I'm good." Yeji smiles a little.

"Chris!" Ryujin called. "put her bills on mine. I want her to order everything without thinking about the payment."

Ryujin stands up. only a short meeting is satisfying for her. this is enough, she thought.

"you don't need to do that." Yeji looks up at her.

"it's okay. I'm happy to see you."