CHAPTER 47

Yeji just got out of the meeting room. just like any other day, today is not that tiring for her, thankfully. Sha can probably go home after an hour or two.

"miss." Minju approached her desk with a smile. "You might want to check this website." She gave Yeji her tablet.

"are you serious?!" Yeji squealed in excitement. "we're in top ten!"

"congratulation, miss."

Yeji reads the article thoroughly. She then noticed a name that's written at the top of the list. Ryujin got in first place. no surprise.

"do we have time to reserve a restaurant? Let's have a dinner after work."

"I'll look for the restaurant, miss."

-

Yeji still got time for herself before going to the dinner. She decided to watch some Netflix to kill time. usually, Ryujin would text her, asking if she's home or something. Until now, nothing comes from her. Yeji's mind comes up with a speculation that Ryujin is probably 'celebrating' with her assistant.

Yeji's leisure time got interrupted by the ring of her doorbell. Thinking that it's Ryujin, she instantly put on a smile. When she opens up the door, her smile fades. It's Yujin. Yeji can't really read her face. Right now, all that's on her mind are fear and nervousness. Though she noticed a cast on her arm, she's still afraid of Yujin.

Yujin looks at Yeji in the eyes, thinking of what to do. seeing that Yeji is afraid of her, Yujin drops down, bowing as low as she could.

"I'm sorry, Yeji. I'm very sorry for what I've done. You have every right to hate me. I'm so sorry. Please forgive me."

Yeji is dumbfounded. She looks down at Yujin, doesn't know how to respond to that. on the other hand, another person shows up. Ryujin silently stands behind Yujin.

"get up." Ryujin use her foot to nudge Yujin's foot. She then looks at Yeji and throws her a smile.

Yujin is startled by Ryujin's presence. She quickly stands up and face Ryujin. Ryujin walks into the apartment, followed by Yeji.

"It's okay. come in." Yeji lets Yujin in.

Ryujin is in the kitchen while Yujin and Yeji sits on a different couch.

"so, what did you say?" Ryujin came back with a can of beer. She then sits beside Yeji.

"I haven't said anything." Yeji looks at Ryujin.

"no. you." Ryujin looks at Yujin.

"I said sorry." Yujin took glances at Ryujin.

Yeji can feel the tension between them.

"I forgive you, okay? we're good." Yeji sighs. "I'm still a little scared, though."

"I can understand." Yujin looks down.

"is there anything you guys wanna talk about?" Ryujin looks at both of them.

"thank you for paying for this. I really owe you a lot." Yujin lifted up her casted arm. "um... actually... I've decided to move out of the city. I don't wanna leave without saying anything to both of you and I wanna make sure that we have no bad blood between us."

Ryujin feels a little sad hearing that. she wants to befriend her again even though it'll take some time.

"it's all alright. Are you starting a new business?" Ryujin asked. "if you do, I'll give you my support."

"oh, you don't need to. Thank you, though." Yujin smiles at her. "me and Gaeul are working together for it."

"you have a girlfriend now?" Yeji got excited. "happy for you."

"thanks." Yujin stifles a laugh. "you guys too, looks good together."

"oh, no way." "no, no, it's not like that."

Yujin looks at both of them, giving a playful smirk. There's no way they have nothing when they clearly act like a 'love-hate' couple.

"I don't do shit like that." Ryujin scoffed. "I don't do coercion as well."

"yeah, I get it. stop talking about that." Yujin feels uncomfortable. "but, you do violence."

"for a good reason." Ryujin defended herself.

"well, then." Yujin stands up. "I guess I'll leave." She smiles at both of them.

Ryujin opens up her arms, inviting Yujin for a hug. Yujin gladly come to her.

"congrats on your achievement, by the way. I'll miss you." said Yujin.

"enjoy this hug. I'm giving you the real one." Ryujin sincerely embraces her. "have a good life."

After Yujin left, Yeji continues to watch the movie. Ryujin joins her.

"good to see you make up with her." Yeji breaks the silence. "she was afraid of you."

"I almost killed her." Ryujin said casually. "understandable."

Yeji looks at her in disbelieve. Now she's the one scaring her.

"you're bluffing." Yeji scoffed. "was it about that matter?"

"it was." Ryujin looks at her. "the only reason why I want to reconcile with her is I have no other friends."

"other than Winter?" Yeji asked again.

"yes." Ryujin looks down, starting to get embarrassed for being emotional. "do you have anything tonight?"

"I have a dinner with the company workers. I made it to top ten." Yeji shares the good news. "I'm sure you'll have your own celebration since you're at the first place."

"I've rented a club to have a party. Everyone from the company will be there." Ryujin had a thought of inviting Yeji. "maybe some more people from outside."

"then we'll go on our own events." Yeji responded. "you can have your party. I'm good with my dinner."

"it won't be fun without you." Ryujin tries to woo her.

"you can have fun with anyone. I'm sure of that." Yeji knows what she's trying to do and she's tired of Ryujin's bullshit. "doesn't have to be with me."

"is this about Chaeryeong?" Ryujin scoots closer. She grabs Yeji's chin gently, tilts her head to face her.

"I didn't say it. you brought her up." Yeji turns her head out of Ryujin's grip. "I have no problem with you fucking other girls. you're the one that'd get pissed when I do that."

Ryujin let out a long sigh. Even though what Yeji said is true, Ryujin couldn't care less about that.

"because I can see you. I don't give a damn about who you're fucking with. Just don't let me see it." Ryujin said as she finished her beer. "don't pretend like you don't wanna see me get jealous."

"fine. Whatever you say." Yeji looks at her. "I don't care if you get jealous, anyway."