CHAPTER 23

The meeting is over but Ryujin won't let Yeji leave just like that. Ryujin stops her track, calling Yeji.

"we haven't talked in a while. Do you want to hang out a bit?" Ryujin offered.

"I'm so sorry. I'm really busy lately." Yeji shows a little frown. Scanning the room her eyes, she's thinking. "I'll see you tonight." she smiles.

"I'll pick you up." Ryujin said more like a plan than an offer.

"you don't need to, really." Yeji looks like she's in a hurry. "I really gotta go."

"bye, Yeji." Ryujin waves at her. it's a little sad to see Yeji being distant towards her.

Ryujin walks back to her office. Chaeryeong is doing her little work to prepare for next week.

"are you done working?" Ryujin leans on her desk.

"yes. it's almost done, miss." Chaeryeong smiles at her. "okay. I will handle your things from now on. So, your team can only take care of things for the company."

"that's great. By everything, you mean literally everything, right?" Ryujin smirks a little.

"yes. your finance, bills, incomes, expenses, and whatever you need personally."

"you can do that anywhere right? online?" Ryujin continued.

"that's possible, miss."

"okay. I need to go to the mall, car dealer, and my garage. Then, tonight, you can work or rest or do whatever you want. I have a meet up with someone."

Chaeryeong focuses back on her extra work.

"let's go." Ryujin looks back at her. "you have a lot of time to work. You have to come with me."

"right away, miss."

-

After going around the mall, Ryujin visits a restaurant. It's considered as a small place in this big mall.

"oh, my daughter is here!" a woman hurriedly greeted Ryujin. "how's work? You look skinnier. Sit down. I have something for you."

"don't get too much, Mrs. Kwon. I'll just get the usual." Ryujin sits down, followed by Chaeryeong.

"ah, you have to eat a lot-a. you skinny. You don't do drugs? Don't, okay?" the woman scolds Ryujin with her Singaporean accent.

"yes, yes, I will eat." Ryujin chuckles, watching the woman prepares some food for her.

"is this your girlfriend? So pretty." Mrs. Kwon smiles as she serves the food. "you should eat a lot too."

"she's my assistant, actually." Ryujin returns the smile.

"nice to meet you ma'am." Chaeryeong smiles at her.

Mrs. Kwon sits with them, watching them eat.

"hey, you should marry soon. You're twenty five. Not young." Mrs. Kwon said as she put more dish on Ryujin's plate.

"I have no plan on that." Ryujin sighs. "my work is great. I don't think I need that."

"ya, ya, take your time." Mrs. Kwon smiles proudly. "how about you? you work with him since when?"

"I'm going to start working next week, ma'am." Chaeryeong kindly replied.

"then why you go with her? you're not working, you should be sleeping, resting, watching TV." Mrs. Kwon giggles, lightening up the mood. "don't stress too much."

"she should learn about me if she wants to be my assistant." Ryujin shrugs.

"oh, right." Mrs. Kwon smiles lightly. "enjoy your food. I have to cook."

-

They're currently on their way home. Chaeryeong decided to start a conversation.

"why don't you live with your mother?" she asked.

"she's not my biological mother. I've been going there since I was ten."

"oh.. I'm sorry."

"why? I don't even know if she's still alive." Ryujin shrugs. "now that you know a little piece of my activity, next time, when you need me at the company, you gotta think first before calling. Okay?"

"okay, miss."

"one more thing, when you're off work, we're roommates. Drop the honorifics."

"alright."