CHAPTER 54

Ryujin sits on the hospital bed, waiting for the nurses and doctor to check on her casts. It's time for her to change them. Yeji sits on a chair beside her.

"you said you have work?" Ryujin asked.

"I can go after this. it's not too urgent." Yeji calmly replied.

"okay."

Soon, the nurses comes in with their needed equipment. Then, the doctor follows, going to Ryujin.

"this will be your first and last cast replacement. In about two months, we will run an x-ray to make sure that you fully healed. You also need a short session of physiotherapy to increase your movements." The doctor informed.

"can I just move on my own? How long do I have to do the therapy?" Ryujin asked.

"you can do that. maybe hire a therapist for about two to three weeks, depends on your improvements." The doctor smiles at her. he then takes a look at Ryujin's forearm and leg. "you arm looks okay. you might need the therapy for your leg."

"okay, thank you." Ryujin nodded.

"my driver is here." Yeji informed. "he'll take me to work then take you home."

"I'm bored. But, I can't go out like this." Ryujin looks down sighing.

"I'll get home as soon as I can, okay?" Yeji ruffles her hair lightly. "focus on your recovery if you wanna go out. be patient."

"I'll go to Winter's house, then."

-

Ryujin and Winter are hanging out at the living area. Lucky that Winter has a day off so Ryujin can come by.

"I don't worry too much. I have two girls taking care of me and that's... kinda fun." Ryujin stifles a laugh.

"lucky you." Winter responded in a sarcastic manner. "so she'll leave after you're healthy?"

"I was thinking of keeping her." Ryujin shrugs.

"keeping her? she's not a pet, Shin." Winter furrowed her eyebrows.

"I can't find any better words. I got free care, attention, and even head." Ryujin brags about it.

"she'll get tired of you if you treat her like that."

"then I'll find someone else." Ryujin sips her drink. "besides, I can keep her as long as I like. She's easy to seduce."

"I can't believe how you think about women. They're not an object." Winter sighs. "I thought I can tolerate it."

"c'mon. you used to think like that too." Ryujin nudged her arm.

"but I'm not proud of it. well... you have your power and you can do anything with it."

"hey, I have nothing against relationship. I just think that it will waste my time and energy. I'm sure you feel like that sometimes. Holding on to love?"

"touché." Winter stifles a laugh. "I wish you found it. I just think that you're lonely at this point. Spending every night drinking have done you no good either."

"that's exactly why I get drunk. I don't know how many times I have to say this but I don't wanna think about anything. I never think about how lonely I am, or how other people feel, or even what I feel."

"how about now? what do you feel?" Winter tries to go deep into Ryujin's head.

"I feel okay. but these are annoying." Ryujin said, lifting up her arm and leg slightly.

"I can tell." Winter laugh it out. "I should write something on it." she then goes to grab a marker. Going back to Ryujin, she writes. "don't forget how to use your heart. Smiley face. Little heart." Winter then gives her sign below it.

"you're cheesy. I'm gonna replace this tomorrow." Ryujin joked.

"be glad that I didn't draw a dick." Winter chuckles. "get back on the track soon."

-

Ryujin arrived home. She's greeted by Yeji and Chaeryeong on the living room. seeing them getting along is pleasing for Ryujin. At least she doesn't have to worry about them fighting over her.

"have you guys ordered dinner?"

"she just did." Yeji points her thumb at Chaeryeong. "let me help you change."

Ryujin and Yeji goes to the bedroom.

"what's that on your cast?" Yeji noticed as she helps Ryujin takes off her shirt.

"oh, Winter wrote it." Ryujin smiles a little. "it's dumb but whatever. I'll take it off in no time."

"it's cute. You should cherish something like this." Yeji smiles back. "she's a nice girl. you're lucky to have her."

"I probably will remember that she did this." Ryujin stares at the writings. "she is nice."

Yeji suddenly feel that Ryujin is getting emotional. She doesn't want to point it out knowing that Ryujin hates talking about her feelings. She continues to help Ryujin put on her clothes instead.

"do we still have wines?" Ryujin asked. "I wanna have some time alone. You can call me when the food is ready."

Yeji quickly obeys her and leaves the room.

"it'll arrive in fifteen minutes. What is she doing?" Chaeryeong informed.

"she needs some time alone. I guess she's not used to staying at home." Yeji joins Chaeryeong on the couch. "she said she's a homebody."

"she said that to you?" Chaeryeong shakes her head. "she steps in this apartment to sleep and shower. Sometimes to eat."

"she really has a way to talk to... girls." Yeji realized that Ryujin have tried to adjust her life to gain her trust and attention. That's only her assumption and the reason itself is still unknown to her.

"you have no idea how many times I have to deal with her sweet talks." Chaeryeong chuckles. "I had enough of that. she'll leave if you keep refusing. Even though she seems demanding, she's pretty understanding."

"is that so?" Yeji hums. "she doesn't like to talk about herself."

"I don't feel the need to know. I'm just an assistant after all. I need to keep my boundaries." Chaeryeong responded. "it's not my place."

"I can understand." Yeji nodded. "so you don't know anything about her?"

"aside from her schedules, work, and friends, no. I don't know a single thing about her personal life. She doesn't like to be called her real name, though. Maybe that's all I know."

Though Yeji experienced a different thing, she can't tell her about it. there's no way she tells her about what they did during their first sex.

"but her friends sometimes called her Ryujin." Yeji wondered. "maybe because they're friends for a long time."

"probably." Chaeryeong agrees. "let's just leave her alone for now."