CHAPTER 34

Ryujin arrived in Tokyo, where her uncle currently works. It's too uncomfortable to talk about it by phone. arriving at the company, she hurriedly goes to his office.

"Ryujin!" Jinyoung got surprised. He's happy to see Ryujin here. Suddenly. "what's with the long face?"

"I need to talk about something." Ryujin sits down on the couch. "it's quite important so I decided to come here. Other than that I need a getaway."

"sounds really important. What happened?" Jinyoung sits beside her.

"I accidentally get a girl pregnant." Ryujin lowers her head. "I know you're disappointed. I'm disappointed in myself too. I was passed out that night. I didn't know that I allegedly put it in."

Jinyoung let out a long sigh then proceeds to pull her for a tight hug.

"that doesn't make you less of a person." Jinyoung calmed her down. "did you do some tests?"

"it's positive." Ryujin replied. "I'm still helping her financially."

"I mean DNA test. I know that you met her at a bar. it's possible that it's not yours." Jinyoung added more advice. "you should be more careful."

"I... haven't. I feel guilty already. At least I avoided the marriage." Ryujin sighs.

"I don't know what to tell you. your brain works better on alcohol." Jinyoung lighten up the mood a little. "but I suggest you control it." Jinyoung rubs her back gently. "I don't know what happened to you that night. I hope you can feel better."

"I'll stay here for a few days."

-

Chaeryeong, on the other hand, had to deal with Julia's needs while Ryujin is away. Safe to say that Julia made Chaeryeong's life a living hell. She doesn't work for Julia anyway.

"is there anything else?" Chaeryeong tiredly asked, trying to sound polite.

"can you get me a masseur? My feet hurts." Julia asked.

"right away."

Chaeryeong goes into her room. instead of doing what she asked to do, she secretly calls Ryujin.

"hey. I really can't live with her alone. I have a lot of work to do, Shin. I'm not her babysitter." Chaeryeong whined. "when are you coming back?"

"can you hold on a bit? I'll be home in two days." She paused. "book me a flight. Can you do that?"

"okay."

Chaeryeong quickly look for masseur for Julia than she goes to book a flight for Ryujin.

"Chaeryeong!" Julia called her from outside.

"yes, miss?" Chaeryeong pressed a smile, facing her.

"I want a salad. You can cook, right?" Julia smiles. "a Caesar salad."

"I don't think we have the ingredients. If you give me time to buy them, I'll make it right away."

"then it'll take too long." Julia rolled her eyes. "just order it."

Chaeryeong tries to stay calm and put up a smile for her.

"okay. I'm on it."

-

Yeji just got a news from Minju that Ryujin will postpone the meeting. It's the third time she did that. Ryujin never really do that, actually. she'll send a team and then join in shortly after. Other than that reason, the meetings are the only times that Yeji can see Ryujin sober. She loves to see that.

"again?" Yeji sighs. "what's wrong with her?" Yeji decided to text her.

Yeji: are you gonna keep postponing the meetings?

Yeji: you can't keep doing that. your team needs you

Ryu: I'll be back in two days

"that's it?" Yeji scoffed. "I don't know anymore. She's weird."

"Ms. Shin's assistant scheduled a meeting, miss." Minju informed.

"when is it?" Yeji looks up from her phone.

"in three days."

"didn't we have another meting with a client that day?" Yeji raised an eyebrow.

"it's earlier, miss. I think we can make it. Maybe a little late, but, we need to communicate with Ms. Shin's team." Minju explained.

"fine, then."