CHAPTER 25

PETE 

Kim finally picks up his phone after I promise him I won't tell Vegas about his problem. The call is indeed from the courier. He told us he can meet us now at a cafe in the center of the city. So we headed there immediately.

The courier was a young man, maybe at the same age as Kim. He sat at a table near the big glass window, happily sipping his drinks when we arrived. 

"Khun Kim?" He asked when we got to his table.

"Yes" answered Kim.

"Ah, we finally met, please sit, sir" he said in an overly polite manner.

"Thank you" said Kim as we sat in the empty chair in front of him.

"I was a little bit confused when you called me last night, I don't quite remember the delivery you mentioned, so I need to check the delivery data at the office" said the courier.

"Did you find it?" ask Kim.

"Yeah, I remember it when I see the data, I pick up the delivery from a house, I remember a middle age lady give me the package"

Both me and Kim widened our eyes. That's it! It must be Khun In, we finally get something!

"Do you remember the pick up address?" I asked him.

"Yes, I write it on my note because the house is quite far from here" he took out a small notebook from his bag and started flipping the pages, he stopped at one page and show us "This one"

We saw the address, it was really quite far from here.

"Can we take a picture of the address?" Kim asks for permission.

"Yes, please" the courier said.

"How is she?" I asked the courier while Kim was taking the picture "The lady who asked you to send the package, did she look healthy?"

The courier looked surprised when he heard my question "Well… I think she looks healthy"

"That's good then" I said with a relieved smile on my face.

The courier smiles awkwardly seeing my reaction, he also suddenly looks uncomfortable and in a rush.

"Is there anything else you want to ask me?" Ask the courier "If not, then I'll get going because I still have packages to deliver"

"No, I think that's it for now" said Kim.

The courier immediately got up from his chair when he heard that. 

"Then I leave now" 

Me and Kim also get up and greet him goodbye. We didn't say anything until the courier got out of the cafe. From the window, we watch him get on his motorbike and drive away.

"That was weird" I said.

"Glad I'm not the only one who feels like that" said Kim, he moved his chair position till his body was covering the glass window beside us. "Say, Pete, how much did a bike courier make in a day?"

"I don't know, minimum wage, maybe?" I answer.

"The price of a single meal in this cafe is maybe about a half of the money he gets for a day, so why did he ask us to meet here, pay for his own drink and didn’t even ask for money from us?" Said Kim "The previous courier that I interrogate only want to meet at his office and ask for a certain amount of money before he even say anything and he didn’t even give me any useful info"

I totally didn’t think that way, this courier sure was more suspicious than what I thought. I replayed all of his action during our short meeting and realize something else "He also kept looking at his pocket and out of the window"