CHAPTER 22

PETE

Today must be a very exhausting day for Vegas. He also didn’t get enough sleep last night. Well, that was his own fault, I already told him we should only do it once because we had to wake up early but did he even listen to me? I got a few hours extra sleep at the hotel but Vegas didn’t get any sleep at all and kept thinking and talking with Kim. He just got better from his inflammation fever too and I’m worried he’ll get sick again from the exhaustion. 

On top of everything, the thing about his mama must be bothering him a lot. In one day his feelings kept getting mixed up. First he thinks his mama is dead, then he finds out she is still alive and has been battling cancer alone all these years. Her reason for leaving his family was totally not as selfish as he thought. But I know it’ll  still be hard for him to just forgive her.

I thought after we landed back here and saw whatever inside that brown envelope we can continue our search tomorrow. We all, especially Vegas and Kim, are drained, tired and sleepy. But turns out we still needed to face Porsche the moment we stepped foot into this apartment building.

Porsche is my best friend and I know exactly how persistent and stubborn he is. But I never thought he'll actually wait for Kim here in his own apartment. Lucky Porsche, he can catch not only Kim, but all of us here at the same time.

Vegas told Nop to wait in the car while Kim took the brown envelope from the security office together with the info about the courier. Porsche kept glaring at the envelope and just from the look on his eyes, I know he was super curious about what was inside.

"Later" said Vegas before Porsche asking anything "We'll explain everything later"

We all followed Kim to his apartment. I've never been here before, the last bodyguard that was assigned to take care of Kim was Big. And as far as I know he refuses to have another bodyguard attach to him after Big died so Kim is pretty much alone all the time in this apartment.

When we entered the apartment, the place was so clean and organized. Vegas also has these kinds of clean and organized habits. Our room is always so tidy. He even rearranged and kept all of our toys neatly back in the box every time we were done using it. Compared to me and Porsche's room at the Main Family Bodyguard quarter which was always dirty and messy. I think that tidiness runs in the Theerapanyakul's blood.

We all sit on the sofa, while Kim gets inside his room to put his backpack and change his clothes. Porchay, on the other hand, disappears into the kitchen preparing something. We don't need to be a genius to realize that Porchay is so used to this apartment. He must have spent a lot of time here.

It doesn’t bother me and Vegas much, we know they are dating and it's normal for someone to spend some time at their lover's place. But for Porsche it is shocking. I think he still can't grasp the reality that his beloved innocent little brother is not as innocent as he thinks anymore. 

He was about to jump up from his seat, maybe wanting to land another punch on Kim's face but Vegas held him down and pushed him back into his seat. 

"Please, just learn to accept the fact that your brother is dating someone now" said Vegas in a low voice "He's an 18 years old college student. He's not a kid anymore"

"But he hides things from me” said Porsche in an equally low voice.

“Maybe because he knows you’ll react frantically like this” said Vegas “Just chill, he’s still your brother, he just grew up and has a boyfriend and not a virgin anymore…”

Really, Vegas? You really need to added that aren’t you? Just when I thought you were giving truly good advice as a fellow 18 year old’s big brother, you have to blow it up with that last sentence.