CHAPTER 15

PETE

I can see Vegas’s eyes change the moment I say those words. His eyes now weren't the eyes that love and adore me. It was his angry and hurtful eyes that I haven’t seen for months. I’m sorry, Vegas, I know I insulted you by my words, but I have to do it because I realize you will never do this to me voluntarily. 

I could feel his hand grab my neck tighter and tighter and It started getting hard for me to breathe. I’ve actually been wanting for him to do this to me but he makes himself clear that he will never do any physical violence to me ever again. I never thought I'd finally get it this way. It pains me too seeing the pain in his eyes and I have to keep reminding myself why I did this to him.

After I don’t know how many seconds passed, I can see realization coming into Vegas' eyes, and his face changes immediately. With a surprised face he let go of my neck. I was kneeling on the floor, coughing trying to grasp my breath. My neck hurt but not as hurt as my heart when I saw Vegas' face. He looked like he didn’t believe what he just did and just stood there looking at me with a shocked and confused face. 

“Vegas…” I tried to reach him and tell him that I’m ok, but my voice didn’t come out.

Seeing my condition he took a few steps back from me then turned around and ran out from our room. I was still trying to catch my breath and didn’t follow him fast enough. When I managed to follow him, he had already locked himself inside his playroom.

“Vegas… please come out…” I beg for him in front of the locked room “Vegas… talk to me”

I waited a few seconds for his response, I could only hear him sobbing from inside the room but he didn’t say anything back to me. 

“Vegas… please… come out and talk to me…” I begged again and waited again, still no response.

“It’s not your fault, I make you do this to me” I talk again “I’m sorry, Vegas, I’m sorry for saying those words to you and make you do this to me” 

I can hear the sobbing getting louder and my heart feels like it was pierced by a sharp knife. What did you do, Pete? You should think harder before you did what you did, now you hurt him instead. 

But I have to keep reminding myself it was all necessary, that it was a good idea and it will work just fine. Vegas will understand eventually, maybe now, he just needs some time. And I still have some things to do too.

“Vegas… I’ll leave you alone for now” I speak to the door and Vegas still sobbing but not answering me “I hope we can talk after I got back”

I waited again, seconds passed and he still wasn’t answering me. So I decided to leave him alone for now. 

“I love you, Vegas” I said before I left.

I got back to our room and saw my reflection in the mirror. The bruises on my neck were as visible as I hope it will be. I change my clothes with a high collar shirt. I want Khun Korn to see it but I don’t want to look like I'm showing it off. I took a deep breath and convinced myself that I did the right thing and everything will be fine after this.

I took my phone, my wallet and my car key then got out of our room. The front room was already quiet, it looks like all the unwanted bodyguards have already left the house. Nop greeted me when I was about to enter my car. 

“Khun Vegas not coming with you, sir?” he asked me.

“No, he’s alone inside his playroom” I said, trying not to reveal anything.

Nop looks confused, It was so rare to see me going anywhere without Vegas coming with me.

“When he gets out of his playroom, please text me, ok?” I said to him before I turned on the car engine.